• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

FS: Late 2008 aluminum unibody Macbook 13.3"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
*SOLD* Late 2008 aluminum unibody Macbook 13.3"

Up for sale is my Late 2008 Apple Aluminum Unibody Macbook.

DSCF2302.jpg

I bought it from its original owner in early/mid 2009 so I could use it at work. My work has given me a new system to use and I'd rather pay off a bill then keep an extra unused system at this point. I have upgraded the original 250 Gig 5400rpm drive to a 320Gig 7200rpm drive.

Here are the base specs:

Macbook 5,1
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
2GB DDR3 1066 RAM
NVidia GeForce 9400m
13.3" LED backlit glossy widescreen display 1280x800
320 Gig 7200rpm HDD
Wifi (a/b/g/n)
Bluetooth (2.1+EDR)
Ethernet 10/100/1000
IR Receiver (for Apple Remote, remote not included)
Webcam
Slotloading 8x Superdrive (DVD+-R, DVD+-R DL, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
Backlit keyboard!

DSCF2312.jpg

Currently I have 10.6 on the machine, but I will be wiping it and reinstalling the original OS that came with it (10.5) and will leave it at the stage for the new owner to register the computer (the iLife programs disc will need to be run after the new owner has completed filling out all of the screens and initially logged in)

What's included:

Macbook
Battery that is reporting normal condition (seems to hold a charge and reports within OSX ~3hr 45min run time)
Magsafe AC Adapter w/ both long and short ac plugs
Minidisplay -> DVI adapter
Manual
Apple Stickers
OSX Leopard install DVD for Macbook (includes hardware test, DVD for Macbook only
Applications install DVD for Macbook (iLife software iPhoto, iWeb, etc.)

macbookoverview.jpg

macbookbattinfo.jpg

This has been a great Macbook, but I have multiple Macs at home, and now that I have a Mac at work to use, I just can't justify having another laptop, so this one has to go. It is out of warranty and no longer eligible for Applecare. The system is working as it should (heck, I just edited some HD video on it the other day with Final Cut Pro) and should provide the new owner with years of use. The machine itself is in very good condition, shows some wear, but no dents that I can see, and only scratches I know of are a few on the bottom but nothing deep or visible when using the laptop.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

You can see some additional pictures here: http://www.ramicom.com/nethfel/macbook/

I've listed it on my local Craigslist - I'm asking $750, if sold here, +s/h; no shipping for local pickup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
That's a really good deal.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I *think* it may already be sold to a local buyer, I won't know for sure until tonight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive
is it sold? where is your location?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Macbook did sell tonight, I just walked back in the door from my meeting with the guy. It was a great laptop, and as much as I wanted to pay off a bill, it looks like the money from it will end up going to engine repairs on my car I didn't expect :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.