• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

FS: Homebuilt desktop running Vista Ultimate!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 2.16ghz Intel 2 Core Duo, 1gb RAM, 120gb HDD, 15.4" TFT, DVD+-RW/DL.
I have a homebuilt desktop running a Genuine version of Vista Ultimate.
I'm looking to sell it for $1100. Paypal preferred. Shipping will have to be worked out also.

Specs:
AMD X2 4600+
ASUS A8N32 Deluxe Motherboard
512mb stick Ultra RAM (3200)
1gb stick Ultra RAM (3200)
160gb Seagate HD
160gb Seagate HD
PNY 7300gt PCIe video card
HP dvd640 DVD+-RW and Lightscribe
3in. Floppy drive
Big, heavy duty case (forgot the name)
Has lots of room for expansion: 5 total 5in. bays
2 total 3in bays
5 total HD bays
Has front panel: 2 USB, 1 Firewire 400, 2 1/8in audio connectors (plugs into audio coming from back)
Lockable case. Removable MB tray.

It comes with Vista Ultimate installed. Completely genuine, with box! Includes 64bit DVD also.
This is a very smooth running computer.

Thanks for looking!!

Lowered the price!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
pics? refs?

with your low post count this is rather suspicious

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
Not only that, but the machine has Vista on it. Literally, most people here don't want anything to do with vista. If it had Windows XP it would get some attention.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
Well the funny thing about Vista is that it didn't help excel the pc gaming industry much, other than the directX 10 support.

OP
coledog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 2.16ghz Intel 2 Core Duo, 1gb RAM, 120gb HDD, 15.4" TFT, DVD+-RW/DL.
pics? refs?

with your low post count this is rather suspicious

Sorry, didn't have the time yesterday...I'll get some up this morning.
Umm, "refs"?? What are they...?

Not only that, but the machine has Vista on it. Literally, most people here don't want anything to do with vista. If it had Windows XP it would get some attention.

Yea, i know. Unfortunately the only version of Windows i have is Vista.

I also forgot that the MB is SLI 16x ready.

$900 without any OS if anyone is interested...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 16g iPhone 3g, 30g iPod classic
Why in the world are you posting this on a mac forum? just wondering...... you wanna get beat up? haha

OP
coledog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well...the buyer should be the one getting beaten up! I'm just trying to get away from PCs. lol

Anyone?? offer???

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
AMD X2 4600+.................................$122
ASUS A8N32 Deluxe Motherboard........$146
512mb stick Ultra RAM (3200)..........$32
1gb stick Ultra RAM (3200)..............$52
160gb Seagate HD-----------------------$60
160gb Seagate HD...........................$60
PNY 7300gt PCIe video card...............$85
HP dvd640 DVD+-RW and Lightscribe..$92
3in. Floppy drive..............................$10
Big, heavy duty case (forgot the name).$75 (being generous here for a generic, no-name case)

It comes with Vista Ultimate installed.... $200

Total value of components......................$934

Of course, this doesn't account for depreciation because all of these parts are used, but the prices reflect what each component can be readily had for on the Internet new (most are from Pricewatch.com and Pricegrabber.com, and do account for shipping).

My recommendation would be to consider parting the system out on eBay. You're not going to sell a homebrew PC for top price without a warranty. Anyone in the market for a prebuilt box is going to want a warranty and toll-free tech support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i can think of 800$ of hardware that could be better spent.

you wont get 600$ for it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i think he could get $700 for it. It does have a dual core processor, and it has a good bit of hhd space and decent amount of ram. He could get $700 for it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Yea, that looks like a pretty poor setup. I wouldn't spend more than $400 for it. My previous Windows machine (the mobo, processor, and vid card were 2 years old) went for $470 and it was a lot cleaner. Drop the floppy drive and do something with the DVD burner. Oh, and don't bother selling a Vista machine on a Mac site. Think of it as a used car salesman selling an Aveo to a sumo wrestler, it just ain't gunna fly.
Bryan

OP
coledog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, that looks like a pretty poor setup. I wouldn't spend more than $400 for it.

How is it a pretty poor setup?

The components themselves run the total to $800.
Most everything in it is only 4 months old! (The case and DVD drive are 1 1/2 years)
Plus it all works great! Pre-assembled!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
you said it yourself, its 4 months old, and wasnt even close to top spec 4 months ago.

its not poor, but its below average to people on a computer forum

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I feel your pain if you're needing to sell it. Your best bet with a rig like that is probably going to be in the local paper. Or maybe one of those weekly ad papers if you have one in your area. There you may be able to get 60-80 cents on the dollar. You need to check and see what people are able to get from their local Bestbuy and Circuit City, because that's the crowd you need to market something like this.

The problem with selling it on the web (and particularly in a hardware/software forum) is most people know what they're looking at. The problem with trying to sell it on a Mac site is that most people still interested in a windows machine are gamers, and a gamers rig it is not.

This is an issue of building your own rigs at the low to middle end of the spectrum. All the OEM builders can sell 'em at the same price and quite often cheaper than you or I can buy the parts and still give a warranty and some phone support. Of course they may not have as nice a mobo as you've got there, but most people looking to spend under $1,000 won't have a clue that board sat at the top of the pack for almost a year or even what difference the mobo makes. Or for that matter, any other part in the rig.

OP
coledog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Please close this thread mods. I'm parting it out.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Please close this thread mods. I'm parting it out.

Good call. If you put it up on eBay, PM me. I may be interested in some of the parts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I feel your pain if you're needing to sell it. Your best bet with a rig like that is probably going to be in the local paper. Or maybe one of those weekly ad papers if you have one in your area. There you may be able to get 60-80 cents on the dollar. You need to check and see what people are able to get from their local Bestbuy and Circuit City, because that's the crowd you need to market something like this.

The problem with selling it on the web (and particularly in a hardware/software forum) is most people know what they're looking at. The problem with trying to sell it on a Mac site is that most people still interested in a windows machine are gamers, and a gamers rig it is not.

This is an issue of building your own rigs at the low to middle end of the spectrum. All the OEM builders can sell 'em at the same price and quite often cheaper than you or I can buy the parts and still give a warranty and some phone support. Of course they may not have as nice a mobo as you've got there, but most people looking to spend under $1,000 won't have a clue that board sat at the top of the pack for almost a year or even what difference the mobo makes. Or for that matter, any other part in the rig.

It has all the great components of a good gaming rig but no kick butt videocard. If you had that some more people might be interested.

OP
coledog
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There's a new thread with it's parts prices.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.