• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

FS/FT: PowerMac G5 2.5 (broken), iBook G4, iPod Mini

Reaction score
To get this out of the way first and foremost since this is my first post, I'm not some sketchy internet drifter hellbent on "gettin' in ur wallet, and stealin' ur monies", my eBay account is h4ckintosh if you wish to look me up. I'm a starving college student that doesn't make alot and am in a financial rut. Now, to the computers...

The PowerMac G5 is a Dual Processor 2.5GHz with 1.5GB RAM and a 128MB Radeon XT 9600 (I think)- purchased about 4 years ago new. This computer is all fine and dandy, except that the coolant system leaked. I don't know whats wrong internally, it boots but sits at a white screen and I don't have the money to get it fixed. This was my primary machine I used for work and school. I dunno what to ask for, make an offer.

The other computer is an iBook G4 (original owner) 12" 800Mhz with 640MB of RAM, 60GB HDD, slight cosmetic wear on the outside with an anti-RIAA sticker on the one corner. Asking about $500.

I also have an iPod mini first gen. (green), has a scratched out message on the back, had an encounter with a toddler, its worn but works, asking $30.

I will be posting pictures of all said things later this evening. Gotta go
Oh, to contact me email [email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
Good luck on the sales. I think the iBook is a tad overpriced IMHO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
That iBook is about $250 overpriced. I will give you $250 for the iBook.

OP
PacTheMan
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up, I looked into it more, the iBook price is salty, but I think my friend may be purchasing it, its the G5 thats i'm focused on getting rid of

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011 15" 2.0Ghz (hi-res, Momentus XT). 32GB iPhone 4.
got pics of the ipod? how many gig are the mini's again? 6?

Reaction score
Powermac

What range are you looking for to sell that G5? Not knowing the state of the damage makes it pretty difficult to take an estimate.

OP
PacTheMan
Reaction score
The G5's got possible mainboard and power supply issues aside from the cooling unit being cheesed, damage estimate appx. $1000. Asking $250-300. I'm calling Apple tomorrow one last time, just to vent some steam, I may be able to get influence and get it repaired, if not I'm selling it for scrap or hooking it up a blasting charge. ****in' waste of money.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.