• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

FS: Airport card; memory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, 1.67GHz; iBook G4, 933MHz
For sale Airport (original, not Airport extreme), Apple p/n 630-2883 (I'm assuming that' the p/n - it is "APN") $35. shipped.

PC133 memory, 256 Mb. Two sticks for $25. shipped.

Will consider trade of PC3200 memory: need two 1 gig sticks (I have one of the old iMac G5 models which require matching pairs).

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've deleted a couple of off-topic posts in this thread. Please keep it on-topic.

OP
rjroberts
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, 1.67GHz; iBook G4, 933MHz
FS: Airport; memory; pb g4 parts

I still haven't figured out how to edit since I don't see an edit button. So, sorry to waste the extra space. (Don't point and laugh at the "Edit" button in this post. There wasn't and isn't one in my original where I was going to add this.)

I have a Powerbook G4 titanium 500 mhz., part M5884, that I am parting out. To my knowledge, the logic part was working when last used. There were display problems (the usual lines) which came and went with flexing. I tried to fix that but to little avail, probably made the screen worse, though it seemed to be only a connector or part of the pc ribbon. I let it sit, the battery died and now it won't boot. I moved on. So, that's the history. Other than display, it was working.

I will sell any part of it (depends how low in detail you want to go, so I'll call it "major sub-assembly" so as not to be taking it apart for a switch) for 1/2 the part price at ifixit.com . To be fair, they guarantee their parts, meaning if it doesn't work they supposedly will send you another (though used) part. Let's be fair with each other: I'm not renting out parts to try if you are tinkering. These are as is. If something is grossly wrong, no I won't stick you. But, look at it from my perspective, someone could put a short across the logic board if not careful and blow an otherwise good board.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.