Frustrating double-click

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I've adjusted the settings and it still requires that when Googling, for example, that I click on a link ... then wait a few seconds to click again just to get it to open. Can someone please explain this frustrating process to me? Can I disable it and single-click links?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I've adjusted the settings and it still requires that when Googling, for example, that I click on a link ... then wait a few seconds to click again just to get it to open. Can someone please explain this frustrating process to me? Can I disable it and single-click links?

I don't get what you are saying. Explain your self better and someone might be able to help ya.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
What settings have you adjusted, what mouse are you using, in what OS and what browser? Hyperlinks usually require just the single click and your frustration is understandable.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What settings have you adjusted, what mouse are you using, in what OS and what browser? Hyperlinks usually require just the single click and your frustration is understandable.

I adjusted the Double-Click speed in Preferences. It's OS X 10.4 with a Logitech mouse in Opera and also Safari.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You do not need to double click URL's. Only thing I can think that might be happening is Safari is not in the Forefront which would require one click to make it the selected application and another to click the URL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I adjusted the Double-Click speed in Preferences. It's OS X 10.4 with a Logitech mouse in Opera and also Safari.

When you move the mouse pointer over a hyperlink, does the hand and pointing finger show? Does the mouse work normally in every other application?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When you move the mouse pointer over a hyperlink, does the hand and pointing finger show? Does the mouse work normally in every other application?

Yes and yes. I brought everything to the Front in Safari and it seems to work OK...now I'm just trying to figure out the same in Opera.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had another unrelated question: Safari seems to be adding weird line breaks in my e-mail. It happens after the e-mail is sent. Can I fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I had another unrelated question: Safari seems to be adding weird line breaks in my e-mail. It happens after the e-mail is sent. Can I fix this?

It's probably you're email provider. Or, you can download Firefox.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.