From Open Suse to OS X

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am a recent convert over to Mac, I have wanted one for about a year but due to being a poor phd student I had to stay with my compaq laptop.
As I hate crappy MS windows I have been running Suse Linux 10.2 for the last year or so.

But anyways i am now in possession of a brand new iMac 20 and my question is this:

Can i still use all my normal bash cell command line stuff using the terminal app?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Yes, you can. You might also want to look into the Macports (formerly Darwinports) and Fink projects to get the most out of your Terminal. You'll definitely want to install X11 and Xcode since they're prereqs for building just about anything from source these days. Subversion is a must too obviously, so you can use it to check out source trees from your favourite svn places.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Yep! Oh the joy you'll have with Mac... Just a GUI app but you may what to check out Visor. I love it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.