fraudulant tech co? NTS.global.services.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I hate to mention it, but if a keylogger was installed as Lifeisabeach mentioned, they're very hard to trace and almost impossible to delete easily.

But as Scamadvisor gave an 80% rating, so the site access is probably legit, but maybe the OP could/should check with the Better Business type checker people as to the actual business and their practices and ethics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I had an older gentleman come into my office one day and tell me he had paid $349 for three years of tech service. Not sure if it is the same company but it was the same scam. I recommended the same thing everyone else here is recommending - call your credit card company and cancel the charge. It is a scam.

They never really "fixed" his computer. HIs problem was a failing hard drive which they failed to identify. I ended up installing a new drive, moving important docs and pics and doing a reinstall. He never said if he got his money back.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Do I dare mention the "Microsoft Support Team" that keep phoning me to "help" me with my problem my computer keeps causing…

I've even been able to get them to put me onto a third tier support person and so far my record for keeping then tied up on the phone as I BS them along is 26 minutes, and just last week I was able to hold them on line for 16 minutes.

They were extremely p'd off and swore for me wasting their time yet they keep phoning back. And guess what, they've even spoofed the nonexistent calling number to Redmond Washington!!

And yup, they just wanted me to go to a site so that they could give me something to help fix my problem. And it wasn't going to cost me anything.

Yeah right. I await to see if I can break my record keeping them on line and BS'ing my way along the next time they call again. And yet a certain % of people will fall for it which is sad.

M

MacInWin

Bottom line, you fell for a scam artist. There is no way to know what malware has been installed on your system that could steal passwords, empty your bank account, steal your identity. What everyone here is trying to tell you is to protect yourself and your computer, cancel the charges to your credit card, monitor that card for other charges you may not have made and DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!

C

chas_m

It's always a bit shocking to be reminded of how easily people can get fooled. The fact that the user had sudden problems, saw the ad for the "fix" and then they "fixed" the problem they created after robbing him of $350 reminds me of a certain political party:

1. Claim government can't fix the problems, demands you elect them to fix things
2. Implements measures to ruin the economy and quality of life, defunds public education so people get dumber/more gullible, fills space with constant propaganda, loots public treasury
3. Blames other parties when they are in power for incompetence because there's no money left to fix issues.
4. Repeat step 1.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Wrong chas ~ all political parties both State and Federal Down Under.

C

chas_m

Yes, I wrote "certain political party" so that regardless any reader's orientation, they would naturally think I was speaking of the one they also oppose. :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Yes, I wrote "certain political party" so that regardless any reader's orientation, they would naturally think I was speaking of the one they also oppose. :)

I almost bit on that but caught myself. Wondered if that's what you were up to. Hope that doesn't mean we're starting to think alike. ;D Not sure the forum can handle that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

Huh. And here I thought it was a direct jab at the republicrats. O:)

Reaction score
what to do if you get scam from NTS GLOBAL SERVICE

I have a same problem with the virus pop up and call the NTS GLOBAL SERVICE after they told me they worked with Apple and were computer technicians that train to help the problem. They charged me $299.99 to fix with the warranty for 2 years. I called Apple and they confirm they are not associate with them and it is a scam. too bad it has been 8 months so my credit card can not dispute it. I also to call the NTS GLOBAL SERVICE that they are a scam and want my refund back. They refuse it. So for whom get the same problem like me or eventhough get money back from the credit card. Please go to https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov which is Federal Trade Commission that protect the consumers like us get scam and rip off to report the NTS GLOBAL SERIVE, so they can stop this company scam more victims.

C

chas_m

From what I can tell, they're not really a "scam" per se, they are a company that makes a huge profit doing for people stuff they could easily do themselves for free. They may (or may not) provide a service, but they are charging a ridiculous amount for doing what OnyX and ad blockers and adwaremedic.com do for nothing.

Reaction score
From what I can tell, they're not really a "scam" per se, they are a company that makes a huge profit doing for people stuff they could easily do themselves for free. They may (or may not) provide a service, but they are charging a ridiculous amount for doing what OnyX and ad blockers and adwaremedic.com do for nothing.

They create a pop up to freeze ppl computers, how do you know they dont ? and then when you call, they talk to trick you to fix and pay. that is not right. So we should stop them or warn other ppl so they wont make a huge profit from our hard earn money you know....

C

chas_m

Yes, if there's any evidence that the problem people call about was caused by them in the first place, I fully agree with you. But I remember a couple of years ago a run of TV commercials promising to clean up your PC for a given amount that (once you called) needed to be revised because "your problems are so severe" and so forth ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 6s+, MbP 2015, iWatch 2.
I always say, if they are asking you to pay through a middle man(a payment site) chances are it's a scam.
If they have their own built in payment site or use Paypal you should be good.
But nothing beats taking your PC into a tech store and having someone look at it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.