Found iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.4
I found an iPod yesterday evening. I KNOW someone has to be missing it.

I'd like to locate its owner. I am an honest person, and would hope if I lost something like that it would be returned.

I tried looking at it, but, its locked. I see pics on the screen but, don't recognize any of the people. I have placed a found ad in my local paper with a note to call me to i.d. it with details that they would know. I only mentioned the time of day I found it and my city.

Is there anyway to find out who it belongs to? Is there some sort of i.d. somewhere on it? I have NO idea because I don't own one. I tried guessing passwords, but, it locked. And I don't want to hurt their iPod.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
*High Five* for being so honest!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2
Find an Apple store. Maybe the owner bought Apple Care? If not, I think you're doing all you can until they contact you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
An Apple store should be able to identify the person who bought it from its serial number

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
I also found an iPod Touch at a movie theater after Avatar this past Christmas. Sucks, especially since it was a teen chick that owned it (pink case haha) and to replace around xmas time would be no fun :( Hers was locked too so I phoned the theater with my contact info and they never phoned back. (the theater lost and found was closed after that showing (12:30am))

What else can one do in that instance? I was nowhere near an apple store at the time and it's sitting at the office now.

The rare time someone with good intentions finds an item like that and the locked feature foils our return attempts! Booooooourns!!

Reaction score
Hahaha... Well, the locked feature is actually intended to limit a person's access ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
I realize that, but in this case I could care less about the girl's photos or private stuff other than her name and phone number. Sucks for her. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone, g4 PowerBook, ipad
Hahaha... Well, the locked feature is actually intended to limit a person's access ;)

Interesting post. This makes me think of an idea...to put contact info on the background screen. I used Picasa to add my info to an image of mine. I am just now doing this, so I may need to make the text bigger, position it better to show on the screen, in the right place, etc.

DSC_9666 with contact info (Medium).jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Interesting post. This makes me think of an idea...to put contact info on the background screen. I used Picasa to add my info to an image of mine. I am just now doing this, so I may need to make the text bigger, position it better to show on the screen, in the right place, etc.

That's actually a, simple, great, awesome idea!!

Reaction score
Craigslist is pretty popular these days. Try posting an ad there. Nice to know there are still honest people out there. :D

Reaction score
i think

i think apple should allow you to have a Info screen on these devices like the windows mobile devices have because then if you do loose it and somone finds it and wants to return it they can :Evil:

Reaction score
My stupid BB Storm even has my contact info on the lock screen (One can choose not to do this if they wish). Apple should add this option.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.