• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

For Sale: Microsoft Office Home & Student 1 PC/MAC 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I purchased this in advance of receiving a new MacBook Pro. It appears that the purchase was unnecessary because the new MBP comes with Microsoft Office (you just have to install Rosetta).

A few points:

1) I already opened the package. I can see where this might be a problem for a buyer.

2) I have never sold anything online before. Ever.

3) I paid $149.95. I will offer it for $50. (I haven't shopped the market. I do not know if $50 is high or low. I am assuming that two-thirds off is a deep discount.)

4) Over the years, I've received a lot of help from this forum, all of it good and all of it free. In return, I would like to make this transaction happy and low-stress, as much as I can.

5) All I know how to do is a check or a U.S. Post Office Money Order. Sorry, but I'm just not Mr. PayPal.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks. :)

krs

Reaction score
Do you need Rosetta or Rosetta 2?

And are you sure the MS Office version that came with the MacBook Pro is not the trial version.

Last edited:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I have never heard of Office, in any form, being included in the purchase of a new Mac. But if that's the case, enjoy. But as krs says, it may be a trial version - even then, that's very unusual.

Ian

Reaction score
3) I paid $149.95. I will offer it for $50. (I haven't shopped the market. I do not know if $50 is high or low. I am assuming that two-thirds off is a deep discount.)

I'm sorry to report that anyone can currently get a brand new copy of Microsoft Office
2021 for the Macintosh for only $30 :

(Expired link removed)

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Randy,

In your very considerable experience, have you come across a brand new Mac with Microsoft Office pre-installed as the OP seems to have got?

That's what puzzled me and, I think member krs, who wondered if it was a trial version. I had not heard of that either.

Ian

Reaction score
It should not include MS Office according to this list of preinstalled apps.

I hope this isn’t going to be the start of another conspiracy theory topic! Are there educational versions of the MBP which might include Office?

Reaction score
Randy,

In your very considerable experience, have you come across a brand new Mac with Microsoft Office pre-installed as the OP seems to have got?

That's what puzzled me and, I think member krs, who wondered if it was a trial version. I had not heard of that either.

I've never seen Apple include a full version of Office at no extra cost. I have seen them include a demo version, but not for many years now. I've seen "Apple Authorized" stores include all sorts of third party software that the customer paid for and asked to have installed, but even in that case I haven't seen Office included free as a sales incentive or bonus. I've seen the same when folks sign up for a special program in Apple brick and mortar stores for business customers.

This is only a wild ass guess, but maybe the original poster, when he said that he got a "new Macbook Pro" meant that he got one that is new to him, rather than meaning that he got one that is brand-new? Maybe it was actually a used MBP, or a refurbished MBP, that came with an assortment of software pre-installed?

I certainly don't think that Apple has suddenly started to give away free copies of Office with new Macs...especially without even advertising that they are doing so. Just to make sure, I just checked:

By the way, the original poster also said that Office 2021 requires Rosetta. It doesn't. Office has run natively on Apple Silicon since Office 2019:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-silicon-c55b603e-14a6-4b69-bdc0-2bb4c9a36834

Reactions: IWT
OP
M
Reaction score
The item is not for sale. My apologies.

Explanation:

1) Yesterday, I set up my new MBP from a TimeMachine backup. While looking around, I noticed that Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) was in my Applications folder. I didn't expect to see that. When I clicked on a Word file, I got a message to allow Rosetta. Then, the Word file opened. Everything looked good. However, I didn't realize that I was limited to "Read Only."

2) This morning, I figured out that I could only read my Word docs and that I did, indeed, need the product that I was going to offer in this thread. I did a full Install. So, the item is no longer for sale.

3) I guess I got a little confused, and leapt to the wrong conclusion, despite the fact that it is pretty easy to set up a new Mac. I don't know why I screwed this up.

4) As far as I can tell, everyone who posted in this thread is correct. I'm the one who got things wrong.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks for responding. :)

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm the one who got things wrong.

Join the club. Who amongst us here hasn't got something wrong? I certainly have, more than once.

Ian

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Glad we got that cleared up. Thanks for posting back. I'm going to go ahead and close the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.