• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

For sale: Lot of Imac and Emacs

M

macattak

Hello, just bought a bunch of eMacs and iMacs on liquidation.

I have 10 iMacs (blue-red in color)

MINIMUM of 500mhz G3 and 128MB ram

Most have 500mhz-320MB ram

Would like 250 a piece. (comes with pro keyboard and mouse)

5 eMacs (800 mhz g4, 540-768MB ram)

Would like 500 a piece for them.

Because I got these from a corporation, all hard drives were removed for security reasons. Add a harddrive, and these systems will work flawlessy.

Obviously, they have minor cosmetic flaws.

Excuse me if these prices are high.

I have an opportunity to purchse 866mhz quiksilver g4 towers with 1.25gb of ram too from their AV department, let me know. Thanks!

Please contact me @ [email protected]

Thank you,
Todd Snider
Megaton Consulting

Local pickup available in Chicago, IL.

PS, I'm thinking of trying a mac after the tinkering I have done on these systems. Can anybody tell me the difference between an ibook and powerbook?

OP
E

Echo_

your asking for too much you can buy a brand new mac mini for that price of the emac

most ibooks with that specs cost that price so you might wanna lower

OP
M

macattak

ok, hows 100 for an imac and 300 for an emac sound?

OP
M

macattak

Now have 4 quicksilvers for sale.

867 g4
1.25gb ram
A/V card
mint condition

400/piece

OP
M

macattak

Geeze, the guys over at macrumors banned me. Must have thought I was some sort of scam or something??

I can get you guys some pictures if you'd like, and other things? What do I need to do to prove I am the real deal?

Reaction score
Do you have pictures of the Quicksilvers? Do they come with any CDs?

iBooks are white, Powerbooks are silver, grey, or black(really old ones).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
One pretty good way to "prove" your trustworthyness if you're worried about that would be to post your ebay username (if you have one) so that folks can check your seller rating, or to post any type of seller rating from any other known online sales/trade/bid websites.

-Chris

(goes to check with his girlfriend to see if she will let him buy yet another computer ;) )

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
macattak said:

867 g4
1.25gb ram
A/V card
mint condition

400/piece

Drat, too bad I am broke right now. I would go for one of the Quicksilvers. No HDD correct? Is the DVD Rom or Combodrive present?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
macattak said:

867 g4
1.25gb ram
A/V card
mint condition

400/piece

I'll give you $350 for one of the Quicksilvers. I'll send you a PM now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
what payments do you accept??

best and safest way i would suggest to do this is when you find a buyer, set up a private auction on ebay, they bid and win and then there is a documented transaction (double documentation if paypal is used) so in case anything goes wrong

just asked my gf if she wanted one but she doesnt...well she does, but we are poor college students
-chris

OP
M

macattak

Hello, I am gettin pics over the weekend. I'd prefer paypal because its overall easier.. but I can do cash/whatever.

I'd trade a some emacs/imacs/or quicksilvers for a nice ibook or powerbook, shoot me a deal I can't refuse!

the quicksilvers have a combo drive, the emacs/imacs have cd-roms, a FEW have combo drives. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
macattak said:
PS, I'm thinking of trying a mac after the tinkering I have done on these systems. Can anybody tell me the difference between an ibook and powerbook?

In short, PowerBooks have faster processors, more VRAM and a faster bus speed than iBooks. PowerBooks also have a cinema display available on the larger models where the iBook doesn't.

OP
M

MrSector9

Just wanted to point out that there was no red 500 mhz imacs.They were only up to 450mhz... So are these 450's or 500's? possibly a case change or upgrade card for the older strawberry imacs? another question is if they are strawberry or ruby,and indigo or blue? alsow hat types of disc drives are in them?

BJ White

OP
M

macattak

Correct, most are 500mhz and blue. I'd say 9 out of the 10 are.

The red one must be 450mhz. Sorry for the confusion. Once again, I'm working on gettin some pictures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Any updates to this, I haven't seen/received anything since initial contact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Something tells me the original poster either sold them or is no longer looking to sell them since he/she has made a couple other posts in other topics but is failing to update his own thread.

sheesh

OP
B

bucsnbolts

That stinks. I really wanted one. So if anyone else has a Quicksilver for $400, I'll buy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.