Flickr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
I am planning to group all my photos on Flickr. Do I have to export selected Photos to Pictures and then Choose to begin the Upload or is there another way. Seems very long-winded.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi David.

I've never used Flickr, but I think it's like Facebook, you can add a Flickr account via System Preferences > Internet Accounts and on the right you can initiate a Flickr account.

Then you can send photographs direct from the Photos app by clicking on the share icon, top menu bar, far right. Flickr should be listed as on of the options.

Ian

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Export Photos

Why,suddenly,am I getting 'export error-1' when I try to export a photo to pictures.?

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi David

Questions first:

Did any change at all occur on your Mac since it used to work and now, when it doesn't?

Can you briefly outline the method you are using to achieve this?

Possible answer: read the second, lengthy reply.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7186813

Ian

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
I have been trying out storing my photos on Flickr and Good 'BACK-UP AND SYNCle Photos and exporting fine until this morning. I downloaded the Google 'back-up and sync' yesterday and all working fine but tried to delete this app this morning. Also from my earlier thread re uploading photos to Flickr/Google I went to Preferences/internet accounts to add Flickr/Google so I could Share photos directly but have since removed these. Hope you can help.

IWT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your reply.

It's not best policy to answer two threads at once, but I'll risk it....

I would never store photos on Flickr or similar social media site. Not even sure of the copyright issue. Post them, great; store no.

Better to let the Photos app handle all your photos including storage, editing etc. You can even move/copy the Library to an External Hard Drive (EHD) and access it from your Mac if you are short of space.

As regards Google Sync being downloaded then uninstalled and so forth, this could have upset the permissions in the Photos app. The Link I posted addressed this very point.

Purely setting up a Flickr account via System Preferences > Internet Accounts should bring no trouble in itself. It lets you upload pictures from Photos app to Flickr via the Share icon.

Ian

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macOS Sierra 10.12.4
Ian,Thanks for your response. Have tried re-setting permission all as the link you sent but still not able to export from photos Error-1 still comes up

Reaction score
Upload image one by one and after uploading add your images to photostream. As well use some description that describe your image.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 iMac 21' 1Tb, '14, MBP 15" 256 i7 SSD, iPhone X
I've been a member of Flickr since 2008 and have uploaded over 200 of my favorite pictures on it. Best I can remember it is one or just a few at a time. Haven't uploaded any in a year or two, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.