Flashing desktop icons after 10.9.5 update

Reaction score
Hi,

I have noted a problem after the 10.9.5 update this morning. the desktop icons are flash once in a while. Never had this problem before the update.

I have also noted that when the finder window is opened flashes together with the desktop icons.

Can someone help me please?

Thanking you in advance.

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
It seems that some had a similar problem with a previous update and the problem was google drive.

So I tried the following:
After shutting down google drive application everything works normal. But when I switch in google drive again the problem returns.

Does any one has suggestions?

I have also tried to check the Prevent App Nap check box but still the same problem. the problem is only solved by disabling the google drive app.

Last edited:
M

MacInWin

You should probably look for a google drive support forum and post your problem there. It's much more likely to get a quick response there than here.

C

chas_m

I have to wonder what it the world the Google Drive app is doing that could possibly cause such a thing! How bizarre!

Glad you found the solution, and thanks for posting it here! That will surely help someone. Hopefully, Google will fix that soon.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi it seems that Google has fixed the problem because now is working fine. Just wanted to inform you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.