Flash Player download problem

Reaction score
Flash player was not up to date when I tried to listen to sirius online and update would not work; so I uninstalled flash player on my mini mac and then installed the latest version from the adobe website through safari. The icon does not show in system preference though it said it installed. Still does not work. Please, what is wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello & welcome to the forum! :)

As you have already stated, Adobe Flash should show up as an icon in your 'System Preferences' opening dialog box (see attachment - blue arrow) - also, if you look @ the 'Plug-ins' in the Help tab of your Safari menu bar, Flash should be present there?

Please provide us w/ the OS X you have installed which might be an issue? I'll stop there and let you respond - Dave

Screen Shot 2014-11-02 at 9.53.40 PM.png

OP
D
Reaction score
Flash Player download

Thanks for the reply. That was the problem. Now everything works like a charm.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And current version is 15.0.0.189. When you upgrade make sure you selecvt the radio button for 'Notify Me' and not automatic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac with OS X 10.11.2 -16GB memory
I am having the same problem with Flash Player. I constantly get prompts from sites that I need to upgrade it to the latest version. Each time I go the the Adobe site and reinstall it again . After I reinstall it again it says it was successful . Yet it still won't work

In Preferences the red Flash Player Icon is showing.

When I click on it -it says NPAPI Plug-in version 16.0.0257 is installed ( that is the latest version on the Adobe site)
Then it says PPAPI Plug-in is NOT installed .

I disabled both my AV firewall and the Apple Fire wall before I installed the update and still it won't work
I never had this problem in the past and I have always had an AV program that I disabled before I downloaded the Adobe updates

How can I solve this problem ?
Thanks
Barbara

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Just to be sure we understand correctly - you download from adobe (not other sites), then double-click the disk image file (.dmg) to mount it, then you double-click on the installer, then you get to the point where the installer says "Finish?"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes that is what is happening.
I am downloading it directly from the Adobe site. I don't trust 3rd party sites .
Each time I am at a site that says I need to download the latest version to do it again. I get a prompt that is was successful and then it doesn't work.

I have not upgraded my OS or added any software to my computer yet this is a new issue .

I have checked my Hard drive and ran repair disk permissions in case that is the problem. I have tried it with Safari and Firefox.

Needless to say I am baffled
Barbara

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open System Preferences and click on the Flash Player icon. Click on the Advanced Tab and see which version is currently installed. Also make sure you place a check in the box that says "Allow Adobe to install updates". Another thing... if your browser is open, Flash will not install.

Reaction score
Ok First let me explain the confusion here about flash and safari.

The latest version of safari for yosemite has a flash player saver option what this means is that when a flash video is on the screen youtube etc it will ask you do you want to enable flash player.

However because you need the latest version of flash player you need to understand that snow leopard is no longer supported with the latest version of flash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have checked and it says I have 16.0.0.257 installed and " Allow Adobe to install updates ", but lately I don't get the updates I have to go to the Adobe site to get them.

As I said earlier in Advanced is says : NPAPI Plug-in version 16.0.0.257 is installed.
PPAPI Plug-in is not installed. I am not sure what those acronyms mean
I always get a prompt to close my browser before it downloads Flash player

I can't recall where I found it but a few days ago while paddling around in my computer I found a place where it had a box to check "Allow other Plug Ins" That was not checked so I checked it . I have not been on a site that needed Flash Player since I changed that so I don't know if that corrected the problem .

Thanks
Barbara

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You definitely have the latest installed according to Adobe and it appears you're doing the downloads correctly. The web sites that are giving you an error may themselves not be up to date regarding Flash. Not much you can do if that's the case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You definitely have the latest installed according to Adobe and it appears you're doing the downloads correctly. The web sites that are giving you an error may themselves not be up to date regarding Flash. Not much you can do if that's the case.

I had not considered that it may be the web site that is out of date with Flash. I think Flash is used for Youtube and I have no problem seeing those videos or many other videos . Just a few sites tell me to update. Hum-m-m
Thanks
Barbara

C

chas_m

Those sites might well be trying to trick you into installing malware. If YouTube is working, then Flash is working correctly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.