• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

First Day of Class

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Today's my first day of class at law school. This is a very exciting moment :D

I have Torts and Civil Procedure on the agenda today :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive

congrats on getting into law school. I'm assuming your 1L?

Where are you going to law school?

I'm taking the LSAT this OCT in hopes of getting into law school for next fall.

Any tips would be appreciated :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yep, school is starting up again. My oldest moved down to the dorm today (much drama) and my youngest starts school tomorrow. The Summer is now shot.

Have fun Kash.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, iPod Touch, iMac 20" 2.4 GHz

Hey me too! What schools are you thinking of applying to? I can't decide if I want to stick to the Seattle area (where I have a free place to stay thanks to my folks) despite not wanting to practice in Washington or take the plunge and go to school in Massachusetts (Boston) or Chicago. I actually took the LSAT last year (I was gonna apply to start this fall but had a change of plans) and my best advice about that is to sign up for one of those Princeton Review type review classes. Raised my score by nearly 20 points from the first practice test to the real test. Oh..and don't sweat doing all the 'games', fill in the blanks of the ones you don't finish (hey, you have a 1/4 chance of being right!). Start practicing NOW with doing 2 and work up to 3 or 4 depending on how well you get the hang of them. With the reading comp...read the questions first then read the case, you'll know what to look for while reading. Anyway, hope that helps some.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Hey me too! What schools are you thinking of applying to? I can't decide if I want to stick to the Seattle area (where I have a free place to stay thanks to my folks) despite not wanting to practice in Washington or take the plunge and go to school in Massachusetts (Boston) or Chicago. I actually took the LSAT last year (I was gonna apply to start this fall but had a change of plans) and my best advice about that is to sign up for one of those Princeton Review type review classes. Raised my score by nearly 20 points from the first practice test to the real test. Oh..and don't sweat doing all the 'games', fill in the blanks of the ones you don't finish (hey, you have a 1/4 chance of being right!). Start practicing NOW with doing 2 and work up to 3 or 4 depending on how well you get the hang of them. With the reading comp...read the questions first then read the case, you'll know what to look for while reading. Anyway, hope that helps some.

I'm just looking to apply in my general area. I live in Kentucky so I'm looking at all schools around here. I've actually signed up for a Kaplan class that starts next Tuesday. I've heard mixed reviews but I really didn't have a choice because it's all that's offered around here. I've been studying on my own for 3 months now. Needless to say I'm really frustrated and looking forward to kaplan starting. You must have a pretty high LSAT score and a good UG GPA to consider going across the country.

Me on the other hand, slacked off during undergrad but I really want to study law. We'll see how it goes though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, iPod Touch, iMac 20" 2.4 GHz
I'm just looking to apply in my general area. I live in Kentucky so I'm looking at all schools around here. I've actually signed up for a Kaplan class that starts next Tuesday. I've heard mixed reviews but I really didn't have a choice because it's all that's offered around here. I've been studying on my own for 3 months now. Needless to say I'm really frustrated and looking forward to kaplan starting. You must have a pretty high LSAT score and a good UG GPA to consider going across the country.

Me on the other hand, slacked off during undergrad but I really want to study law. We'll see how it goes though.

Hah...I'm in a similar situation as you with the UGPA, I'm just hoping my grad school GPA (I'm currently doing an MBA program abroad) will help some and my LSAT was only in the 60th percentile so it wasn't bad but wasn't terrific either. I was considering taking it over again but I know I have test anxiety and would do worst. I'm not expecting to get into most of the schools I apply to, not even the University of Washington, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if I do and have an actual choice. My brother-in-law is an alumni at Seattle University Law (not to mention I do have the stats for them) so that's likely where I'll end up studying.

OP
Kash
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Yep, I'm a 1L. I'm going to Whittier Law School in Costa Mesa, CA.

If you have a somewhat decent GPA, then that's fine, as the bulk of the decision lies in your LSAT score. So work as hard as you can at getting the best score you can, as a high score can offset a low GPA.

I personally wish I had studied longer and harder on my LSATs as I could have gotten into a better school. But hey, if I end up being in the top 10% at the end of this semester, then I might consider transferring to a better school.

And thanks guys :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro

Good luck in law school. My best friend graduated from law school a few months back. He is all nervous because it will be a few weeks before he finds out if he passed the his bar exam. It will be worth the work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.