FireFox Screen Shot - Does any other offer that?

krs

Reaction score
Firefox added a feature a while back that I have started to use a lot and I miss an equivalent on the Brave browser I'm trying out.

I was just wondering if any other browser offers that Firefox capability.

The Firefox screen shot is accessed vis right click with the mouse, at the very bottom of the contextual menu.

When one clicks that one gets the option of taking a screen shot of the complete web page or selecting the portion one wants to include in the screen shot.

The key thing for me is that this feature will take a screen shot of the complete web page, no matter how big it is, even if most of it is off screen (and one would have to scroll to see it).
The screen shot is saved as a png image and if you download it, it ends up in my download folder (not on the desktop, thank God)

The only option somewhat similar that I used before was to either use the print menu and save the web page as a pdf, but more often than not, using this method images were missing, the text had moved or a line was missing - the conversion to pdf just did not work....or
Save the web page as a web page - that way, with Firefox and most other browsers, one ends up with two files, an html file and an associated folder, which the browser assembles again, or with Safari asingle file with an Apple unique extension which most other browsers (and Windows systems) probably can't read.

A png image of a web page is pretty much ideal because it can be read by almost any device.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Go to the page you want to screenshot
Click the three dots in the address bar
Click Take a Screenshot in the menu
Select a screenshot option
Click Download to save your screenshot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Sue, can you help me? What browser? I don't see any dots in the address bar in Safari, nor any menu.

OP
krs

krs

Reaction score
I have the same question.
Of the browsers I have in my dock, only Chrome uses three dots, but there is no 'screen shot' in that menu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Apologies, I misunderstood and have given the Firefox instructions, duh...

OP
krs

krs

Reaction score
Apologies, I misunderstood and have given the Firefox instructions, duh...

Still good to know.

I always used the contextual menu with Firefox for the screen shot, but it's good to know that option is also available via the three dots in the address bar.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Update; the new version of Vivaldi browser now allows Page Capture in the Tools menu. You can save to File (.png) or Save to Clipboard. The entire page is captured top to bottom.

Vivaldi is a browser that continues to improve and well worth a try if you are looking for a very customisable browser. The current version 3.0.1874.38. also offers Ad and Tracker Blocking built in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.