firefox problem could not shut off macbook, why ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
trying to shut down after firefox search, spinning rainbow shows up ? have to force quit. why ?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many devices to list
There could be a million reasons for that. First off, what version of OS X and Firefox are you using? Second, are you saying that you tried to search for something in Firefox and you then had to quit? If so, what page were you on? What extensions/add-ons do you have installed? Does this only happen with Firefox?

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
it is the latest version of firefox and lion o/s. say I am shutting down my mac,
after closing down firefox, the wheel start spinning. other browser such as chrome and safari, no problem. I do not have add-ons on firefox.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many devices to list
Have you tried reinstalling Firefox? This might be a good first step. If that doesn't work, I would suggest that you try to create a new profile. If the new profile doesn't cause any issues, we can conclude that your profile is corrupted.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp 15 2009, mbp 13 2010
reinstalled firefox, problem solved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.