Firefox or Safari

Reaction score
I love my new iMac! I'm guessing my question has been answered before. I've kind of gotten familiar with the Safari web browser. I've heard a lot of good things about Firefox also. Is Firefox the preferred browser? If so, why? If I installed Firefox, should I uninstall Safari? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There is no reason you can't have both installed. I have 6 browsers on my Mac, but I pretty much only use Safari. I prefer FireFox on the PC though.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There is no reason you can't have both installed. I have 6 browsers on my Mac, but I pretty much only use Safari. I prefer FireFox on the PC though.

Ditto here. I have every browser that I know about installed for testing, but always come back to Safari for 95% of my browsing. I use Camino for a few sites or Firefox. On Windows though FireFox all the way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I use Safari 99.9% of the time. I keep Firefox around just in case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)

Yep same for me, Safari on my Mac, Firefox for a bit of a Back Up for services where you have multiple accounts (saves Signing in and Out all the time) and I also use it on the PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You should check out the web browser poll

I personally use Firefox only because the keyboard shortcuts work the same on both OS X and Windows, and I'm too lazy to learn them for Safari :p Though in all seriousness, it's because I need the Firefox extensions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.