Finder keeps pestering me

Reaction score
I recently did a software update, and now Finder keeps popping up every 1-2 minutes. For example, if I´m watching a youtube-video in fullscreen, Finder exits the fullscreen and I´m left with the Finder toolbar at the top. A new Finder window does not pop up. Only the toolbar. It has done this twice while writing this post. Any good ideas as to what´s going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Something in the Finder Prefs? I can't be more specific 'cos I'm not using Tiger right now.

OP
D
Reaction score
It might be, but what sort of pref would be "Automatically make finder pop up every once in a while."?

OP
D
Reaction score
I made another account, and that account did not have the same issue..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
What browser (safari, Firefox etc) were you using when this happened?I don't think this is a problem with Finder, its a problem with your browser which keeps on crashing.

Quite the browser that has the problem and in spotlight search for the name of the browser you were using when it crashed followed by .plist

so for example it should be

safari.plist
firefox.plist
etc…

In the search results you should have a file name such as
com.apple.Safari.plist
org.mozilla.firefox.plist
etc…

delete that file and launch the browser again. See if the problem persists.

OP
D
Reaction score
I´m sorry, I was a little unclear on this, but it doesn´t only happen in my browser. It happens with everything, textedit etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.