Finder applications

Reaction score
A forum that I enjoy allows the attachment of photos. When I click the attach button of the forum's site, I am taken to my MacBook Pro finder! If I click on pictures there in the right screen, of course, lists IPhoto but if I try to click that Icon in this window, the entire IPhoto contents would try to attach and I can't seem to find a way to get into the contents of IPhoto to select an individual photo. What is this crazy person doing wrong? Thanks anyone

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
i find the easiest way is to make a copy of the photo you want and save it to your desktop.

Then when you want to attach it you can do so from there instead of having to look through folders or to find it

Reaction score
In the dialog that you get when trying to select a file for upload, just scroll down in the left panel of that to get "media". You can access all your iPhoto images from there.

Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 3.59.09 PM.png

Reaction score
You can add photos without having to put them on the desktop and then delete when done. Browse just like you would to add any other photo from a folder. When the Finder window open scroll on down past Pictures in the sidebar and under Media you will see Photos, select that and iPhoto will open and you can select any photo you want and upload.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.