Final Doom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67ghz powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD.
Anyone know where I can get Final Doom for mac, and if theres a way to run it in OSX ?

Tried ebay / google / idgames and neither have it for mac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Anyone know where I can get Final Doom for mac, and if theres a way to run it in OSX ?

Tried ebay / google / idgames and neither have it for mac...

Heh - well you have potentially 2 problems. One is actually getting hold of the game, the other is getting a game made in 1996 to run on OS X.

There was a Doom Legacy released on Mac - http://www.pure-mac.com/action.html#doom but otherwise I can't find anything either.

Considering the game was coded for a 68040 CPU and 7500 Mac, it might be a problem getting the original to work. You may actually be better off trying to emulate an older Mac or if you have an Intel Mac, installing XP via Parallels or Bootcamp and getting the PC version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
In the mid 90s, ID Software released the DOOM source code. I had found the full versio of doom (first three episodes) legally on Google about a week ago, let me take a look and see if I can find it for you guys...

EDIT: N/M thats Doom Legacy =( sorry.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Doom legacy does the job - awesome piece of software. If you have hte pc version (easy to get hold of) you can load maps etc into it. And best of all - plays the maps back in high res with mouse control :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Doom legacy does the job - awesome piece of software. If you have hte pc version (easy to get hold of) you can load maps etc into it. And best of all - plays the maps back in high res with mouse control :D

Does it make your fan spin like crazy too?

Also, has anyone found Wolfenstein for mac? I would kill to get my hands on that game.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, I assumed a website called mac-archive would have mac only files :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I use prboom on my macbook. Works like a charm and, as far as I can tell, it supports both Final Doom episodes.

Reaction score
prBoom supports any doom-style WAD files, whether they be from Id, or custom-made. And if you choose to use it, use the default graphics for awhile, then change it over to OpenGL, and notice the nice differences it makes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.