• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

    Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Express?

Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
443
Reaction score
20
Points
18
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Hello everyone, I was intrested in purchasing FCE 3.5. My only concern is that new version will be coming soon. How often does apple update the FCE? Should I wait or is it a good time to buy FCE? On the website they are giving 200 dollars off with the purchase of any mac. That makes me wonder if a new version is coming. Thanks!
 
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
443
Reaction score
20
Points
18
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
6,188
Reaction score
254
Points
83
Location
New Jersey
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Couldn't tell you. I would think that if they are going to release an updated copy of Final Cut Pro (and possibly FCE as well) they will do it at NAB this month. Regardless, I would buy it now as you will have alot of learning to do before you catch up to anything they will be adding in, and you will have more time with it then if you waited... that, and you will save a very large sum of money. So My thoughts are that you should buy now, not wait, but if you want to, if there is no FCE by the end of this month, then buy it then.
 
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
443
Reaction score
20
Points
18
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
Thanks PBG4. I really want to buy but that fact that they are discounting it by 200 dollars worries me that a new version is coming. Who knows!
 
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
3,231
Reaction score
112
Points
63
Location
On the road
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Who knows!
Steve Jobs knows.

Look to see if there is an upgrade price from the previous relase to 3.5. I would expect a similar cost from 3.5 to 4.0?

Apple is expected by outsiders to release a new version for FCP at NAB. If that happens there would be a change that FCX will also be released at the same time, or within a couple of months. Only Apple knows for sure.
 
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Messages
443
Reaction score
20
Points
18
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

Shop Amazon


Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Top