FileMaker and iOS

Reaction score
Using FileMaker Pro Ver 14 on an iMac (new user) running Ventura 13.2. I maintain a few data bases on the iMac, and when traveling I use my iPad and iPhone to monitor data. The iMac (considered the Master File) is updated from the iPad upon return from travel.

The tire pressure sensor data uses in installed date to calculate time in service. The date installed format used is 1/2/2023 on the iMac. (If the date format 01/2/2023 is used, it results in an erroneous “Time in Service” calculation displayed.
To copy the current dated files from my iMac to the iPad and iPhone, I select “share” on the file displayed in finder and send to my iPad using air drop, resulting in the in service date in error since iOS displays the date in 01/2/2023 format - an error. I can manually change the date format on my iPad, but not on the iPhone.
Surely I must be doing something wrong, and being an inexperienced Mac OS and iOS user, I haven’t figured out how to correct the issue. (This was not an issue with Windows since I used iTunes to transfer from Win to iOS.)

The first two screen shots show the iMac image and data. Note "LT INBD #3" The third image is an iPhone screen shot.

Attachments

• IMG_2458482F3C9B-1.jpeg
    IMG_2458482F3C9B-1.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 10.28.26 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 10.28.26 AM.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 10.27.54 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 10.27.54 AM.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 8
OP
P
Reaction score
Correction: the first image is from my iPhone. the other two are iMac screen shots.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I'm sorry, but your posts make no sense. You have shown the format as "1/2/2023" in all three places, but then claim that one or more are "errors." First of all, 1/2/2023 is ambiguous. Are you referring to 2 January 2023 or 1 February 2023 with this references? What settings are you using on both the iPhone and Mac for date format? What options does the application have for data format? Have you matched them? You mentioned Filemaker Pro, what data format options does it have and what is selected?

Offhand, if I can see through the fog of ambiguity, I would say that one or more of the things you have mentioned has the date format set to MM/DD/YYYY and one or more have it set to DD/MM/YYYY. But it's hard to tell given the ambiguity of 1/2/2023, which could be either (or both).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Didn't mean to drive you away, just clarify what is going on and let's see if we can figure it out for you.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Disregard my ambiguity. Delete the request for assistance. ,
Hey, @PapaRed1,

We are here to help but need clarification on points which seem obvious to you, but which can confuse those of us who live in different parts of the world - semantics vary, definitions vary, dates vary.

I can tell you that when I worked in the USA - very short time but - the one thing that threw me was dates.

To me a DOB of 1/7/55 meant 1st July 1955, but to others it meant 7 January 1955. Computers are set up to a region in the world and depend on that to identify dates accordingly.

Therefore, dates have to be consistent across all devices and if a Device has a mixture of dates, therein lies a crisis.

Give us a chance to help you and be patient when we request things which may seem irrelevant to you who has control of your data. We don't :) ;)

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.