• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

Feeler for selling my ibook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I have a 14" g4 ibook. 60gb-hd, airport extreme card, bluetooth, and all original disks that came with it in the box. I bought it new from apple.com
Now the bad, it has a cracked screen, as you can see on my avatar pic on the left. It also has a bad d/c in-board, at least I think thats the problem. I have it hooked up to an old hp monitor. Except for the broken screen, and having to jiggle the power wire where it connects to the computer ( I replaced the original apple power cord with an aftermarket cord), except for those 2 problems the ibook works flawlessly. I want to part with it, but have no idea how much to list this thing on ebay for, how much to set the reserve or buy-it-now price for, or even better, how much to ask for it to sell it on Craigslist or anywhere but ebay. Any ideas? Anyone interested in this ibook? I would even consider trades. I need a copy of windows xp for my macbook, and other macbook accessories, like a b-t mouse. I also have a perfectly functioning isight camera up for sale or trades that if I do the ebay thing I would probably throw in the auction with the ibook, but if anyone wants it here for a trade or anything I would part with it. Any advice/ Anyone interested?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
you might be able to get $400 on ebay at best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I would think you could get $400 for it. It really depends on how fast it is. If it's an 800MHz, maybe $300 but closer to $400 for a 1.2 or 1.42GHz machine. With the bad DC in or something maybe you can expect a little less.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
if you include some software with it. you may get more or say a mouse or summin. - legit software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
$400 is high for that.
You are more likely to fetch around $150 to $200 for an iBook in that condition, possibly less.
Only an uneducated Mac buyer would pay more.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the advice. I think I am just gonna put the ibook and isight up for trade for a copy of windows xp for my macbook. I would rather have it out of the house and put to some good use, even for parts, rather than just have it sitting here as a back-up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
What are you looking to get for the isight? have any pictures?

Reaction score
what speed is the processor? I'd be interested in getting you xp in exchange if its not to slow. Is the lid damaged from the drop? Let me know, very interested.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The processor is 1.33ghz. The ibook has 1.25gb ram, It has a 1gb stick and a 256 stick. 80gb hard-drive, 512 L2 cache, cd-rw drive. Airport extreme card. The ibook was never dropped. The screen was hit with a projectile from one of my sons toys. The ibook itself works flawlessly except for the power problem and the broken screen. Like I said, I have it hooked up to an old hp monitor using the apple vga display adapter. I would judt want to trade outright, the ibook for windows xo, sp2, I will even include the vga adapter in the deal .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD dual 1ghz, 2 gigs RAM; 5.5G iPod, 2G iPod Shuffle
OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you all for your interest. The ibook is now spoken for, but I just wanted to thank everyone for their advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I purchased a 14" 1.42ghz/1gb ram/60gb hdd/bluetooth/airport extreme/ super drive/etc for $615 USD shipped, to give you an idea..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Transaction completed.
Two thumbs up to Jason (jaster)
Bryan

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Amen, bryphotoguy is a good guy to do business with, thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.