• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

FEELER: barely used 800 ibook.. BEST OFFER

S

sashax415

Im just a college student that doesnt know much about computers so bear with me... i bought my first imac b/c i thought it was cute :p

OK this laptop has been sitting in my closet for about 9 months now :(
I bought brand new from the APPLE store in San Diego and used it for about a year mostly for writing papers and going on the internet.

Then.. a month after my warrantee expired, the screen froze and the display turned to colorful vertical lines... (I know I shouldve had the extended applecare.. but too late now) Well.. i brought it to the Apple Store and they took one look and said, "It's the Inverter Board!" I guess its a fairly common problem. It still turns on and works and everything, but it will eventually freeze and show more lines. It will need to be fixed as this is really annoying and not something you would want to put up with. Im told it is a pretty easy fix... but i honestly think you should have some knowledge of this problem if youre interested.

Well, I had already purchased a Powerbook as a replacement and to make a long story short, Im finally getting around to selling this thing. Like i said before it is the 800mhz IBOOK with upgraded RAM... I also put in an Airport Card literally like 2 weeks before the Inverter Board went out. Still have the original box and all the software.

Serious posts only please. I am located in the bay area and would prefer to do a local transaction. Any questions??.. let me know! and sorry for the lengthy post :)

OP
N

nesuser2

completely new here! Just curious what you were looking for out of it. I am seriously interested but it would be nice to get a feel for what you're looking for before I could fully commit to it. School loan comes in next week!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
OP
M

mehulp

Do you still have it for sale? I am interested.

Please contact me at 800-555-9786 x58049

sashax415 said:
Im just a college student that doesnt know much about computers so bear with me... i bought my first imac b/c i thought it was cute :p

OK this laptop has been sitting in my closet for about 9 months now :(
I bought brand new from the APPLE store in San Diego and used it for about a year mostly for writing papers and going on the internet.

Then.. a month after my warrantee expired, the screen froze and the display turned to colorful vertical lines... (I know I shouldve had the extended applecare.. but too late now) Well.. i brought it to the Apple Store and they took one look and said, "It's the Inverter Board!" I guess its a fairly common problem. It still turns on and works and everything, but it will eventually freeze and show more lines. It will need to be fixed as this is really annoying and not something you would want to put up with. Im told it is a pretty easy fix... but i honestly think you should have some knowledge of this problem if youre interested.

Well, I had already purchased a Powerbook as a replacement and to make a long story short, Im finally getting around to selling this thing. Like i said before it is the 800mhz IBOOK with upgraded RAM... I also put in an Airport Card literally like 2 weeks before the Inverter Board went out. Still have the original box and all the software.

Serious posts only please. I am located in the bay area and would prefer to do a local transaction. Any questions??.. let me know! and sorry for the lengthy post :)

OP
N

nesuser2

Anybody heard anything from this seller yet? Sashax415 that is....I'm pretty interested and haven't heard anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.