• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

FC Express

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
got a couple of questions i couldnt even find them on the manual.

when i do transitions in final cut they apply but when u play it back it just flashes a blk screen.

how do u fade out audio?

how do u get a plain blk screen. to do a fade in or fade out?

and when i do someithing in livetype i render it and it makes a .mov file and when i import it in FC and render it and export it to quicktime when im down editing it doesnt wanna play it just goes striaght to the clip after that livetype sequence.

Reaction score
1.) make sure the length of your transition is enough so it doesnt just flash
2.) there are many ways. one is to double click on the audio and then use the keyframe button to make 2 keyframes (where you want it to start and where you want it to end.)
3.) any blank space between clips will be black. to fade into it just put a fade or other transition on the clip before it
5.) the livetype thing is confusing to me since I never use livetype. Maybe be more specific.

OP
veritas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanx man got it worked out!. someone else pmed me on the livetype

OP
veritas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BUMP

all the sudden when i edit clips in FC or move them around they dont "auto lock " together to keep the sequence going smoothly i have to zoom in and move the clips together so it can run smoothly without a blk screen popin to show the spaces between them. how do i make it go back normal so everythign works right?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.