fb accounts followup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
previous post locked so no more replies....
FYI.....discovered that what my friend wanted to do and what I tried to do... is just not possible.
not that we were trying to be aliases.... just wanted to keep friends etc separate from each other and could not figure out a way to do that.

so we have decided to delete the FB account totally and begin anew. hopefully it will not include friends/posts from previous account.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for letting us know Lori. I'm not a big fan of Facebook having posted there several times. It does seem like once you've made an account on Facebook, it remembers you forever. Hopefully, you and your friend can start fresh with new accounts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
.... just wanted to keep friends etc separate from each other and could not figure out a way to do that.

Would this work for you???

How to Keep People Separate on Facebook

Using Facebook friend lists you can actually create a firewall between two or more groups of friends. You can keep coworkers separate from friends and family, or keep one side of the family separate from the other. The trick is to create two or more lists and then assign every Facebook friend to one of those lists.

And a few other suggestions here:

As much as Facebook drives me crazy the way that it doesn't always work the way you want, the suggestions above just might work for you.

- Patrick
=======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Interesting find, Patrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.