Favorite Mac only program

P

pedXing

So you guys...i recently saw the 'favorite windows app' thread, and thought we should do a favorite mac only program, (you can choose a program or feature of os x you like the best.

Personally I think Sherlock and XCode R0X!!!!! :cool:

OP
B

BlackOpSniper

my favorite mac only prgram...hmmmm......well I like dmsn!its like msn 6.0 for windows but better!I also like finder and Sherlock.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Mac mail client is the best I have ever used. On that note, does anyone see this Mail [993] failed to append message <POPMessage: 0x44cb320> (_rangeOfBytes: Out of bounds) from the console log while mail is on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Seeing how this is where switchers hang out, how would we be that familiar with mac-exclusive apps?

OP
P

pedXing

because youve just switched from pc to mac...and you are stating the favorite app or feature for os x.

OP
I

Icarus

I just found sherlock...coolest thing EVER. Makes my windows friend drool...
Other than that, ical, idvd, imovie and Garage bands are all program that make my friends shut up.

OP
V

vuschejan

Icarus said:
I just found sherlock...coolest thing EVER. Makes my windows friend drool...
Other than that, ical, idvd, imovie and Garage bands are all program that make my friends shut up.

Yeah Ilife and sherlock both rock

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Maybe the switchers will learn about some new useful program from the "old timers."

Personally, the app I miss most when using Windows is BBEdit/BBEdit Lite/TextWrangler. On Windows i use JEdit, which just isn't the same.

Keynote's a nice app, too. Always gets a reaction out of PowerPoint-weary audiences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Ultra Edit is beter than BBEdit and is for win32. It lets you open multiple documents at the same time over ftp rather than opening each individually. Mass replace is also easier.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
OP
P

pedXing

Thats it...nobody else is gonna post??! cmon, this thread is mainly for people joining the mac community to find out about great software not available on Windoz. plz reply more.

OP
V

vuschejan

pedXing said:
Thats it...nobody else is gonna post??! cmon, this thread is mainly for people joining the mac community to find out about great software not available on Windoz. plz reply more.

Ummmmmmm I like screen spanning doctor a lot as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
BBEdit, Proteus, CocoaMySQL, DragThing, Entourage, MacReporter, Spamfire, Terminal :), ChangeDesktop, Konfabulator, iClock

That's pretty good for right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
I dont have a fav program on a Mac

OP
J

jaetique

Purely Mac, I'd have to say Mail. It's sleek and simple and the junk filter is fantastic. Other programs include: Proteus, Stickies. I've not used Sherlock at all. I'd like to use it but I don't quite know where to start. I should Google it when I have the time.

I'm loving Office 2004 as well, especially notebook view in Word. Entourage isn't a bad program, but it's just that I don't like to keep it running all the time since it's bulky. I like being able to open separate applications for calendar events and addresses.

OP
A

adam80

jaetique said:
Purely Mac, I'd have to say Mail. It's sleek and simple and the junk filter is fantastic. Other programs include: Proteus, Stickies. I've not used Sherlock at all. I'd like to use it but I don't quite know where to start. I should Google it when I have the time.

I'm loving Office 2004 as well, especially notebook view in Word. Entourage isn't a bad program, but it's just that I don't like to keep it running all the time since it's bulky. I like being able to open separate applications for calendar events and addresses.

Google Sherlock? It comes with OSX you don't have to Google It.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Yea sherlock is in the apps folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Users are definitely different :) I love Entourage because I do not like having multiple programs open when I can have one program that does it all, it takes up a smaller footprint and they integrate better.. because well.. it's one program :)

OP
A

Anna

Mac only?

Stickies (because I'm forgetful), Scriptrunner (wow, useful!), Calculator (so much better than Windows), Speech (fun to play with), Keycaps (very useful), Grab (good little app, nothing comes with Windows that is like it)...
I like the Terminal too :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.