FastMac Battery a good alternative?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
I use my MacBook Pro on the go a lot, and my battery has had quite the work out. Now it holds about 2 hours of charge (versus the 3.5 it held when it was brand new). I am thinking of buying a spare battery.

I'm looking at the Apple one, but I'm also looking at the FastMac MacBook Pro Battery alternative.

Has anyone tried any of their products? Any complaints? Comments? Praise? Rants?

Thanks!

OP
iLaw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
So no one has used a FastMac battery?

TWM

Reaction score
I have never heard of them before, but after looking at the website, they sell some cool stuff, and it seems like that battery would be nice.... I might get one for my macbook now. If you buy it, update us on how you like it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac book Pro 15" & Imac 2.66 Gh 20"
Fastmac batteries

I recently ordered a Fastmac battery, impressed with what I read on the forum. I have now been advised by FastMac they have shipped me a discounted Apple battery at a cost greater than the item I thought I purchased.
Not impressed.

Reaction score
I have had VERY poor experiance with the battery. The first one I ordered started to bulge badly after a couple months and they replaced it with an "updated" version. The new one is not showing any of the swelling after one years use, but it only provides about 45 minutes of run time. And I very rarely use my laptop unplugged. I only have 42 cycles. I will NOT be buying any Fastmac products again.

Reaction score
Fastmac's TruePower Brand. Bad design & engineering.

I bought a TruePower battery from FastMac. I had these problems

• Doesn't fit flush like the genuine Mac battery does
• Computer has sometimes turned off without warning since I started using this battery
• With the TruePower battey I no longer receive a warning when the power is low

I generally am happy to buy 3rd party goods, but in this case I would only ever get a genuine mac battery (or try a completely different 3rd party manufacturer).

Reaction score
Fastmac batteries not worth their weight

When my macbook pro battery was recalled due to swelling, I decided to try a Fastmac battery. Even though my first battery was recalled, I still received over 1100 cycles from it before it started to swell. About 17 months after receiving the Fastmac battery, it has failed completely. I received only 370 cycles and it's now swelling. I've removed it from my laptop to avoid any damage. I contacted fastmac with my dissatisfaction, but the best they could do is offer me free shipping on a new one. Had their customer service been better, I probably wouldn't be here. Why would I buy another piece of junk when the first one failed? They told me they're better now and I should basically invest another $115 to "try" it again. No thanks! Customer service sucks!
Oh, and as an added bonus the Fastmac battery caused all kinds of erratic behavior. Once I removed it from my system, it's smooth as silk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.