FanDuel / Draftkings Player Location Check Won't Go Away

Reaction score
FanDuel / Draftkings Player Location Check Won't Go Away

You heard it!

I have tried a number of things from other forums and nothing seems to work.

1) I right clicked the upper toolbar icon and click reinstall - nothing happens.
2) Move application icon to trash - It says it cannot perform this action because it is in use.
3) Remove instances in Activity Monitor - they just come back.

I made a screen recording for your viewing pleasure here!

Please help because this is really annoying but mostly because this app is pulling my loca

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
That's an online gambling site, right? They claim they need your location for state regulation compliance.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
First check in ~/Library/LaunchAgents to see if you see anything related to this app. If it's there, delete it and then go through the process of quitting it from Activity Monitor again and this time it should stay gone. Now you can delete the app and it should stay gone.

If that isn't the case, then you should boot into Safe mode (hold down SHIFT when powering up the Mac) and then see if you can delete the app in that mode.

OP
J
Reaction score
First check in ~/Library/LaunchAgents to see if you see anything related to this app. If it's there, delete it and then go through the process of quitting it from Activity Monitor again and this time it should stay gone. Now you can delete the app and it should stay gone.

If that isn't the case, then you should boot into Safe mode (hold down SHIFT when powering up the Mac) and then see if you can delete the app in that mode.

Genius!

Safe mode did the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.