Fan is running like crazy!

Reaction score
Hello! I have a rather old MacBook Pro, currently running 10.15.7. My fan is running like crazy, and I suspect it may have something to do with something's that's hogging my computer. I looked at the Activity Monitor, and sure enough, first there was something called Calendar Agent that I was able to get rid of, but now there's something else called Photoanalysis D that's consuming about 80% of my CPU. I've attached a screenshot hoping to provide clarity. Anyone have suggestions?

Attachments

• ActivityMonitor.png
    ActivityMonitor.png
    67.2 KB · Views: 3

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
photoanalysisd is likely attached to Photos to analyze your photos. Kill Photos and that accompanying app should go down as well and so will the fans..

However, since that process is taking up a high CPU percentage, it's pushing the heat up and the fans are doing their jobs pushing that away. So everything is working as it should. Let Photos do it's work and it'll settle down..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.