Family Sharing Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 13" 512Gb + iPhone 6 - iPad Mini
I have an interesting and annoying situation.

A few months ago I lived in Germany and activated Family sharing. I included my wife and daughter of 5 years old in my family. So far all was well

A month ago we moved to the UK and I want to change my apple id for the UK app store because i needed an important app. That was not possible within the family configuration. My wife left the family configuration and set up her own "family". I then transferred my daughter to her. That way I could change to the UK app store.

But... Now my wife needs access to the UK app store as well (she is still in the German app store) and now we are trying to move our daughter back from my wife's "family" to my "family" which I have created.

That however does not work. My wife does not receive a notification when I invite my daughter into my family so now we are stuck. Because she is five years old this is the only way it works but it doesn't. The problem is that we can't remove my daughter's account and I don't know of any way to get this mess sorted. I regret using the family thing in the first place, if only I knew how hard it would be.

Is there anyone who has a clue what we need to do to transfer our daughter into my family so that my wife can switch to the UK app store?

Thanks so much for any info. We have already spent hours figuring this out but no joy. It is extremely annoying and very unlike Apple to make this such a complicated affair!!

Edit: We all use Yosemite and iOS 8.1

Ron

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm in the US but I would think a call to Apple UK customer support is warranted to sort it out for you. Otherwise you'll likely be going around in a circle getting nowhere.

OP
ronsteenvoorden
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 13" 512Gb + iPhone 6 - iPad Mini
I think I might just do that, it is perhaps the best solution for now.

If anything useful turns up I will post it here!

Thanks
Ron

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.