EyeTV recording problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I have a 2 GHz Intel Core Duo Macbook with 1 GB of ram, and I recently updated to the new version of EyeTV, 2.4. Now, when recording an analog signal, regardless of which type of deinterlace I have on the recordings appear blocky and the video is inconsistent. (When not recording I can watch live TV with no problem, even on progressive deinterlace.) The odd thing is when recording a digital signal of HD content this does not happen. I am wondering if this is a problem with the update as this did not happen before version 2.4. Does anyone else have this problem or have any advice? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah they rereleased 2.4, you'll want to check your build number against their latest build number to find out whether you have the latest version or not. I had the same problems and updated and no more problems for me :)

Oh btw, I have Version 2.4 (2654) so if you have any number besides 2654 then you need to update. Otherwise, if you do have 2654 then open up a support ticket on elgato's site.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Thanks for the reply, yeah I just updated to the latest build today and the problem occurs less often but still does occasionally. I made a support ticket yesterday. They haven't gotten back to me but I'm guessing it's because it's the weekend. Once they reply I'll post their advice.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just thought I'd share my update. I got response from Elgato and they suggested that I try an experimental beta of the latest build, so I downloaded it and it appears to work perfectly other than a few blips in the audio every so often. I'm happy with this result, much better than it was!

On a different note, has anyone had any trouble with the automatic resizing of the aspect ratio when in full screen mode? Sometimes when I watch HD content and then it switches to the non widescreen format, say a commercial, it has trouble switching itself back to widescreen. The whole thing will become distorted and I can only fix it if I take it out of full screen and then bring it back using the mouse, which can be very annoying if you're watching from a distance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.