Extreme + Express: use ethernet port on express for net?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Ok, this is how I am setup:

My bedroom has my computers and tivo which are wired into the airport extreme. I have an airport express in my living room hooked to my stereo. I am curious, since my ethernet port on my express is empty, is it possible to have it set to share the net connection over it? I want to hook my xbox up to that port so I don' thave to run a line down my hallway to the living room. It would make sense to have an option like this, but I don't see anything like this in the options.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
bumpity bump?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
deleted

Martin below is correct, to do away with the wires though could get the xbox360 wireless networking adapter.

Or since you can connect a USB printer to the Express and the 360 adapter attaches via USB to the 360, you might could try a USB cable from the Express to the 360 maybe. But don't blame me if it blows up, I'm always willing to try crazy work arounds. Don't have an Express or I'd give it a shot for ya.

Reaction score
actually you can only use the port on the express for incoming signal like to hook a dsl or cable modem up, you cannot use it as an output to a device.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.