external SSD questions

Reaction score
So I've been using a Samsung T5 for years now and have loads of stuff saved to it. I just acquired a new T7 and was wondering if I can hook both of these up to one computer and just click and drag everything from one to the other, creating another physical copy of my data onto the T7?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Yes, you can do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
. I just acquired a new T7 and was wondering if I can hook both of these up to one computer and just click and drag everything from one to the other

Probably just like you did with your original Samsung T5s, and assuming you or Mac has enough ports to support them both at the same time, just connect the new Samsung T7, use your Disc Utility.app to name and format the drive accordingly, then connect the old Samsung T5 and drag and drop to your heart's content.

Or maybe save yourself some work and just use a proper backup or cloning software application such as Carbon Copy Cloner or maybe even SuperDuper! and set up a schedule and select whatever you want to be backed up.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.