external monitor wont stay on

Reaction score
hi all, i accidently broke my screen on my macbook (13" mid-2010. yosemite 10.10.2) so i bought a Mini DP to VGA adaptor o connect it to a monitor but the monitor wont say on for longer than 10 seconds, please can someone let me know how i can get it to stay on permanently? (not in clamshell mode though becuase i still need to use the trackpad) thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
hi all, i accidently broke my screen on my macbook...

Can you tell us how the screen got broken? It's possible that the way the screen got broken could be related.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
i dont think its related by the looks of things, it tell of my bed and it was my bluetooth keyboard that was on top on the built in keyboard that hit the screen when it hit the floor

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
i dont think its related by the looks of things, it tell of my bed...

Just checking…since a fall to a piece of electronics could damage multiple things.

Are you 100% sure the external monitor & video cable are ok? In other words…do these things work when connected to another computer?

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
yeah when connected to my old pc, the monitor works fine, the mini DP to VGA is brand new so i hope thats not the problem :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.