Extension Testers

Reaction score
Hello. I have created an extension for Firefox and Flock to fix the address bar problem that OpenDNS users experience. It works flawlessly on Windows but I need to make sure that it also works appropriately on Mac Os. Can anyone whom uses OpenDNS as their DNS service install the extension and report the result back to this topic, please? Future information and extension is on feeling lucky fixer page.​

Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I use OpenDNS running OS X 10.5.4, however, I use Safari (don't like Firefox) and I have never experienced a problem with the address bar. Not sure I understand what problem you're referring to? Is it a Firefox problem only?

Regards.

OP
C
Reaction score
Hello @chscag. When you type a keyword in location bar e.g. yahoo and press Return in Firefox, you are automatically redirected to http://www.yahoo.com . When you type google groups keyword in location bar and press Return, it directly retrieves http://groups.google.com. I dont want to fulfill here with ugly details but this is the way Firefox works. It is a very handy way to surf web. But after you register OpenDNS, you cant use this smart service on Firefox and Flock anymore. Maybe this isnt a big problem for Safari users but Firefox users find this problem very irritating and annoying. I have created an extension to fix the problem. It works in Windows flawlessly but I have to make sure that it also works in Mac. So I requested some Mac users to try the extension and report back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hmm, you'd think OpenDNS would resolve that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.