express or extreme?

Reaction score
I've got a windows based wireless network aroun d the home. I'm using a MBP and have an externl HD. the problem is i move about with my mac, so I'd like to make the HD wireless using either airport express or extreme. the question is does express cater for ard drives? or is it only a booster/audio signal transferer. one last questions, can I connect to my home network and the HD at the same time? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
You need Airport Extreme. Express does not offer HD support. If it is feasible for you, I'd get the Extreme and re-setup your home network to use the Extreme as the wireless internet base station (ditch whatever setup you are currently using). Otherwise, I believe it is possible to use the extreme solely as a HD access point.

Reaction score
If you have another computer, simply hook the external into that additional computer and share it on your network. That's what I did with both my external (one is on my PC in my home office and the other is on my son's PC in his room). Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.