Exporting slideshow

Reaction score
Hello. I am am a 72year old newbie, a bit slow with computers. My question is this.

I have created a slide show in Iphoto complete with sound track. Can I export it to Powerpoint so I can send it to some one.

How do I do this keeping the same high quality images in tact?

Many thanks. Graham

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
All I can think of is the ability to export a slideshow as a quicktime movie by going to File/Export and selecting the quicktime tab

I doubt there is a way to export to Powerpoint, you'd be better off creating a new Powerpoint document and copying in photos

But, to be honest I don't find a slideshow to be the best way to share photos, I prefer to just pass on the images themselves, but that's completely your call

OP
G
Reaction score
All I can think of is the ability to export a slideshow as a quicktime movie by going to File/Export and selecting the quicktime tab

I doubt there is a way to export to Powerpoint, you'd be better off creating a new Powerpoint document and copying in photos

But, to be honest I don't find a slideshow to be the best way to share photos, I prefer to just pass on the images themselves, but that's completely your call

Thanks for your prompt reply but I find that exporting as a quicktime movie destroys the detail and clarity of the slide show. I want to package all the photos together with the sound track.

Sending individual photos is not my intention, the sound track is needed as it is an integral part of the show.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If u choose Export from the File menu then these are the choices in 09. One next to Quicktime is Powerpoint

Click for full size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
oh, I only have 08 and it doesn't have a PPT option for exporting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How about in the File/Save As selection?
Just checked my manual - see page 194 in Apple training series - it is the same as i posted above for 08 - did you go File > Export?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Collin, the screenshot you posted appears to be from Keynote, however Graham has a slideshow in iPhoto that he needs to export as PPT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ooops & thanks for pointing me in the right direction scathe, i looked at Slideshow and read Keynote - my mistake in missing the iPhoto bit.

OK Graham one way you could do it then, is to get a copy of iWork 09 and in that Keynote has a Media import section where u could add your photos and music and then export as i mentioned above;

Click for full size

OP
G
Reaction score
Ooops & thanks for pointing me in the right direction scathe, i looked at Slideshow and read Keynote - my mistake in missing the iPhoto bit.

OK Graham one way you could do it then, is to get a copy of iWork 09 and in that Keynote has a Media import section where u could add your photos and music and then export as i mentioned above;

Click for full size

Thanks to both Scathe and Colin for this valuable information. My IPHOTO is 08. Do you know if exporting to powerpoint 09 would give me the kind of quality result to this slideshow w/soundtrack that I am after? and would converting it to a powerpoint presentation make it look like so many great presentations I have had the pleasure of seeing/listening to?

Thanks again for all this. Graham

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
you can make amazing presentations in Keynote, the photos will look just like they do in iPhoto, it just takes much more time then using e.g. one of those iPhoto templates ... you have to put a lot of work into the presentation, especially when you want sound beneath it since it's frame based, so if you need to time your music then you also have to consider timing for the whole slideshow ... nevertheless, I'm sure you can get the result you're looking for

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.