EX Hard Disk is not recognized in macbook pro

Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to see connect drive of my External HD when connecting to my laptop MacBook pro but does not recognize it and facing issue without know the reason

Thanks,

SK

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
What Mac? What version of the operating system? Does the drive show in Disk Utility? Does the drive attach to any other computer? What brand/size/model drive? Do you get any error messages when you try to attach it? Does the drive have it's own power supply, or is it depending on the USB port?

OP
S
Reaction score
What Mac? What version of the operating system? Does the drive show in Disk Utility? Does the drive attach to any other computer? What brand/size/model drive? Do you get any error messages when you try to attach it? Does the drive have it's own power supply, or is it depending on the USB port?
* Macbook pro latest OS
* not appear in Disk Utlity
* in Windows Laptop is ok if connected
* Extrnal HD 40 giga Toshiba
* no error message
* it is connected by USB 2 with media to convert from usb2 to USB C
* using only by USB
by the way another External HD is working fine but the volume is 520 giga

Kind Regrards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
it is connected by USB 2 with media to convert from usb2 to USB C
That could well be the issue. I don't really understand what you mean by "media to convert," but if the cable is ok (proven by being able to connect to another computer), then the most likely culprit is this "media."

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I believe he's referring to the adapter to go from USB 2 to USB C. The Toshiba external drive is likely USB 2 and he's trying to connect it to the USB C port on his MacBook Pro.

Either the adapter is not working or the Toshiba drive has failed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.