Everything on iPhone Screen Oversized

Reaction score
I don't know how this has happened but every thing on my iPhone 8 screen has gone oversize tried pinching the screen but nothing happens can't even turn the phone off, any one any ideas how to fix this please.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You've likely enabled accessibility features to zoom in. So navigate to Settings->Accessibility and on top there should be Zoom, if it is not Off, then turn it off by going into it.

OP
R
Reaction score
I can't navigate to anything as what comes up on the screen is too big to read cannot scroll up or down and cannot shut down the phone

SRL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch,2017 Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4.
I don't know how this has happened but every thing on my iPhone 8 screen has gone oversize tried pinching the screen but nothing happens can't even turn the phone off, any one any ideas how to fix this please.

Have you tried a triple finger tap or double tap. It has worked for me in the past

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

OP
R
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay in answering but none of the suggestions worked, I did however find solution which was as follows, on the left of the iPhone press and release the + button and follow this by pressing and releasing the - button then go to the button the right side of the phone and press and hold until the apple shows on the screen then release this remedy only applies to iPhone 8 and above.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Sorry for the delay in answering but none of the suggestions worked, I did however find solution which was as follows, on the left of the iPhone press and release the + button and follow this by pressing and releasing the - button then go to the button the right side of the phone and press and hold until the apple shows on the screen then release this remedy only applies to iPhone 8 and above.
That's what I asked you to do in Post #4 above, but glad you got it working.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
That's called a hard reboot of your iPhone which was suggested in an earlier post. Glad it worked.

Ian

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
This has happened to a few of my friends/family from time to time.

The trick is to use three fingers simultaneously to move around the screen.

Navigate to settings and turn the setting off in Accessibility > Zoom.

You can also double tap the screen with three fingers to turn magnification off but it can be hard to co-ordinate and hasn't always worked for me.

Sometimes the screen will not co-operate in which case you can simply connect the iPhone to your computer with a USB cable, open it from Finder or iTunes and in the first page you will see; Configure Accessibility. Click that and in the window that appears untick magnification.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.