• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Essay Writing Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
So I've got a paper due in a week or so and I really don't want to write it. Has any one here used an online custom essay writing service before? Can anyone recommend one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Don't do it. Just type the paper. Profs are good at figuring out whether your work is your own. They always threaten that they know services where they can enter the essay in and it'll find out if it came from an online source.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
My 2 cents....

Hey, if you don't want to write the paper, then don't write it......but.......
If you aren't going to write it, then you should be prepared to receive the incomplete/"F"/penalty for not doing it.
If you aren't prepared to receive a failing mark for the paper, then it would seem that you really do want to get the paper done. Otherwise you wouldn't care less about what grade (or lack thereof) that you would receive. I would suggest just writing it and getting it over with. You have over a week, which is plenty of time to write an essay.
I have to write them for school all the time and I despise it, but I still do it. I refuse to pay anyone else to do it, plus teachers/professors are wise to the ways of online papers. Even if you did manage to find someone to lift an essay or paper from, a smart instructor (read: about 95% of them) will be able to find that it is a fraud.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
They always threaten that they know services where they can enter the essay in and it'll find out if it came from an online source.
It isn't a threat, it is real. I have seen (with my own two eyes) a professor access something like that to prove that a paper was plagerized.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
yes agreed. now if you manually write it you could probably find a fast typer who would key it up for you and removes errors for a minimal fee.

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im not looking for a membership site where I can access a database of papers, Im looking at a custom paper writing service.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Just take Shari Bobbins advice...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
So I've got a paper due in a week or so and I really don't want to write it. Has any one here used an online custom essay writing service before? Can anyone recommend one?
You're serious.

1. Get off of the forums.

2. Write your essay.

3. Return when you've done your work.

Otherwise:

1. Get discovered for cheating.

2. Get expelled.

3. Practice saying, "Would you like fries with that?"

It's your choice.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
virtual rep to mathogre!
(since it won't allow me to do it again yet)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 Ghz Macbook Pro, 4GB Ram, 250 GB HD
actually...you're best bet if you refuse to write it is to pay someone you know. that way it is much harder to get caught. i knew people who payed people in their dorm to do it for them and then they would just go through it and change things around to how THEY would say it. that way all the ideas are already down you just have to change the wording. much less risky. and usually cheaper

OP
CarlConti08
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont see the problem with this. in no way will writing a literary research paper for 11th grade affect my future, so theres no chance of me ending up working in a fast food "career." i personally see no use for analyzing literature, but thats my own view. unfortunately my opinion wont affect whether or not i have to write the paper. i just thought there might be a "resourceful" college student who used a custom service and what their results were. i completely plan on writing the paper. the online service was just a side thought.

Cheating is a bad thing. mathogre

why do i need negative rep for this. it was a simple question. has any one ever used an online essay writing service. i did not ask for a lesson on ethics. i understand cheating is bad but can anyone honestly say they haven't cheated once in their life or at least thought about it. if i deserve negative rep for contemplating cheating, so does everyone else on this forum who has ever had even a fleeting thought that they should cheat.

i feel this negative rep is undeserved and would like to ask that it be removed on the basis of the argument i made above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
why do i need negative rep for this.
I gave it to you because cheating is bad. The negative rep got your attention. If that's the worst thing you ever get, it's a small price to pay.

No joke. In college I had the opportunity to cheat. The class was algorithms. A classmate offered I could look at her work. I declined. I was up for 54 hours straight, got a C (average grade) for my work. For all of that effort, I learned a great deal. Now I'm a guru at it and am paid very well for what I do. I shudder to think of what might have otherwise been had I cheated.

I have a second grader. She's not allowed to cheat. You're in 11th grade. You should know better.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
dude, really, just write it.

take your medicine, grow a set, and take whatever grade you actually deserve based upon the effort you actually want to put forth and your knowledge of the subject.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dude, really, just write it.

take your medicine, grow a set, and take whatever grade you actually deserve based upon the effort you actually want to put forth and your knowledge of the subject.
Virtual rep! (Need to spread it around more myself.)
icon14.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I'm glad that I have a passion for writing. I've had three professors tell me that an accounting degree is a waste of a creative mind. So, I've started on several short stories and essays that I might submit somewhere. If it works out and I get rich, I'll buy everyone in here a top of the line Mac Pro. BTW, I won't write a paper for you, sorry.

Edit: Take that Mac Pro offer as sarcasm unless I get really, super rich.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
i dont see the problem with this. in no way will writing a literary research paper for 11th grade affect my future, so theres no chance of me ending up working in a fast food "career." i personally see no use for analyzing literature, but thats my own view.
You know what? I think you're right. But if you really believe that, the best thing you can do is to take the F and go on with the important thing in your life. In ten years--heck, in two years--nobody will care about the F you got on some paper in English Lit in high school.

From what I hear about the paper writing services, they might squeak by a high school teacher who has no money to pay for a cheatfinder service to counter it. Sometimes, though, they're really crappy. As with all outsourcing, you never know who will end up writing your stuff. They may well be worse than you are.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i was actually so disinterested in writing a paper once, i wrote a paper about why the assignment was such utter crap, picking apart every point about the assignment at hand. this was for a foreign literature class. i got an A. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.