error in mac os

K

kman1666

This is on topic to my other post, sorry. Anyways I have OS 7.5 and whenever I try to bring any files over on a floppy they always have an icon with a big "PC" on it. The problem id the first time I opened one of these it associated it with Simpletext. Now whenever I try to bring any file over it tries to open it in Simpletext, and it always says its too big. How can I fix this? Thanks

OP
F

Fomer

kman1666 said:
This is on topic to my other post, sorry. Anyways I have OS 7.5 and whenever I try to bring any files over on a floppy they always have an icon with a big "PC" on it. The problem id the first time I opened one of these it associated it with Simpletext. Now whenever I try to bring any file over it tries to open it in Simpletext, and it always says its too big. How can I fix this? Thanks

I don't have a mac yet, hopefully be getting one. But I had the same problem almost on my pc. I had an emulator with roms and for some reason my roms kept opening in notepad. I finally fixed it by left click and going to open with then selecting the emulator so all the programs became little emu's, don't know if there is away on the mac to do it. But if you know of a way that should fix her. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I made a suggestion in your other post , did it help any at all? :confused:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe the next you might try is to rebuild the desktop (document). The short version is reboot the workstation press and hole down the option + apple command keys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
--Please don't make two threads for one topic--

OP
K

kman1666

Thank you guys, but someone answered me question, while it is not what I was hoping it seems to have cleared things up. Just if you were wondering here is what he said. Thanks G4from128k for the answer.
"Are you downloading files to a Windows machine and then writing those files to a floppy disk? If so, you are running into a little nasty behavior of Windows that strips the resource fork from downloaded Mac applications and ruins them. Its called the Stuffit Catch-22 because you can't decompress downloaded Mac applications (like Stuffit) on a PC without ruining them and you can't decompress downloaded Mac applications on a Mac without Stuffit.

There is a discussion going on at the 68kMLA on this problem. See:
(outdated link removed)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.