Erasing passwords

Reaction score
I am leaving a job and I want to be sure that the classroom macs don't instantly access my netflix account, which I was using while teaching a course. It seems the account access stays in the memory, and anyway there is the difference between User (no password needed) and Administrator on the laptops. I changed my netflix password but noticed that when opening netflix on the laptops, you could still go into the account. Why is that and how can I be sure that nobody using those laptops in the future will have access to my account?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Big mistake - never login to personal sites and permit the browser to store the password and "ALWAYS" log out when you are done.

If you have already changed the password, all you need to do is log out of Netflix on those machines.

How you get rid of the saved login data depends on which browser you are using - google should quickly find the answer for whichever browser.

OP
U
Reaction score
The problem is that there are several browsers and several computers (there may be some I forgot) where I may have logged in under "administrator" or "user" and logged onto the account. In one case I can't even connect to Firefox now. I need a way of blocking access remotely, which I assumed would happen when I changed my password for my netflix account. Why some of the laptops still automatically go into the account I have no idea.

OP
U
Reaction score
I found out you can "sign out of all devices" through Netflix, but I'm wondering how that works. Is some kind of signal sent through the account that is read by every computer that's ever logged on to the account? Also, since each of the laptops has a User and Administrator account as well as several browsers, does "signing out" disconnect through all of this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.