Epson printer software for MAC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
Purchased an Epson WF-3640. Unsure how to configure it for my Mac. Epson download for Yosemite will not open. Is there software/drivers from Apple I need to get? And how do I get them?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
What happens when you try to open the file?I just downloaded the file and it seems to run normally. I didn't complete the installation since I don't own that printer. Here's what I did:
1. Download the installer (it will likely go into your Downloads folder).
2. Double click the dmg file and ion it when ti mounts on the Desktop (looks like a disk).
3. Open it and launch the file called Epson.

I*f you are greeted with an ominous sounding dialog about the file being downloaded from the Internet this is Apple's Gatekeeper security program making sure that this is a file you know about. If you got the driver from Epson it's probably safe to click Open,

I did not try the combo file that has the drivers and printing utilities.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Purchased an Epson WF-3640. Unsure how to configure it for my Mac. Epson download for Yosemite will not open. Is there software/drivers from Apple I need to get? And how do I get them?

Hello - just for starters - did you download the right drivers for that printer to match your OS X and then install the package? If so, go to System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners - hit the '+' bottom at the bottom left to add a printer and see what happens - Dave :)

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Slydude - Initially when I looked at the file in my downloads, their was a circled X on the top left corner. I checked again and the circled X is gone. Maybe I tried to open it before it could load completely. Not sure.
I was able to connect vis USB, but not by wireless. But as my MAC is next to the printer, no problem. The reason I bought a wireless printer is that my wife uses a WIN 8.1 Laptop and I wanted that to run wireless. I failed to hook that up wireless also. Will try again later.
RadDave - The epson shows up and is now my default printer.
Still not sure why I could not set it up wireless. See if I have better results with the laptop.
Thanks for all the help. I'm more of a hardware guy then a software guy.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
. Maybe I tried to open it before it could load completely. Not sure.
I was able to connect vis USB, but not by wireless.

If I'm understanding what you saw correctly that's exactly what that symbol means, If you are using Safari the icon probably also resembled a web page with a little progress bar at the bottom of it.

Setting up wireless printers is often a bigger pain than it needs to be. I don't know what planet the writers of those directions are from but they didn't tell the rest of us what super secret code they are using.:D I once spent about two days trying to follow directions for setting up a wireless printer only to discover the directions were dead wrong.

I'll try and take a look at that tomorrow to see if I have any helpful ideas. I can tell you that for some wireless printers you have to connect the printer by wire first (usually USB) and install those drivers then proceed with the directions for setting up wireless printing.

C

chas_m

In fact, the drivers for the WF-3640 are built into Lion (and all later releases), and you actually don't need to do anything other than simply add the printer using the "+" sign in the printer dialog while it is on and either:

directly connected by USB or

already established on your Wi-Fi network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As chas m says that is all there is to it. Go into System preferences > Printers & Scanners > Print, and with the printer powered up and connected via USB, hit the little '+' button and the printer should appear. And wireless connections - forget it it will drive you insane.

One thing since Mavericks, hitting the Scan button no longer works. In the Applications Folder there is an item entitled Epson Software, usually right under Print Utility Three. Open that to scan.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Solved my problem. I was using the password on my router instead of the Wi-fi key to set up the wireless. Once that corrected that, wireless setup was easy for both my Mac and the laptop.
Thanks for all the help.

Reaction score
Hello there,

You can download Epson WF-3640 10.10 Yosemite printer driver for free and you can use the. (See.)

Reaction score
Solved my problem. I was using the password on my router instead of the Wi-fi key to set up the wireless. Once that corrected that, wireless setup was easy for both my Mac and the laptop.
Thanks for all the help.

i have to problem with my router i have installed and removed Epson WF-3640 driver several time my printer disconnect from wifi after some time
replaced the router now i have no problem
thank u

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.