Epson printer problems

OP
toMACsh
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Your link only went to Google. I did not find a site like that, but did find Human-I-T and filled out a form. We'll see if they are in my area or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Here's one trick I've used on printers where cleaning did not work:
It only works where the print heads are not part of the cartridge. I think, on some brands, the head is in the cartridge.

Take an empty, or nearly empty, cartridge and fill it part way with 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol. (Stronger might melt something.) Run the cleaning cycle a time or two. Put in real ink and do two or three test prints. They will be nasty looking until the alcohol is worked through.

We have an old Epson Stylus Color 600 and I had to do this often. I also do it on my current Brother MFC-J6710DW.

Hope This Helps!
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's one trick I've used on printers where cleaning did not work:
Take an empty, or nearly empty, cartridge and fill it part way with 70% isopropyl rubbing alcohol.

PS: Do not use Isopropyl RUBBING Alcohol, it often contains oils. Use PURE Isopropyl 70% - 99% Alcoholwhich are all OK.

Here's another method I have used over the years:

In Pages.app, I used to use ClarisWorks/AppleWorks, Create a decent size Box or Boxes and fill each with a color or colors close to the color of the of ink you want to clean.

Boxes can be resized according to the amount of blockage or cleaning you want to do.

Save the document if you like for the next time you may want to do a Printhead cleaning.

Then print the document, and use the BEST Option if available that will force more ink through the nozzles.

Repeat as necessary, and it may just restore some of the print cartridges to print properly.

By comparison, repeated Print cleaning using the printer's Cleaning or Deep Cleaning utility will often get more severe each time it is used in succession, Which is not really a bad thing but it can also overheat the printhead if used too much with continual cleaning repetitions and cause permanent damage from overheating the tiny heating elements inside the cartridge printhead.

- Patrick
======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I never thought of using that method. Nice one Patrick.

Reaction score
Have a look at:

7 Ways to Clean Blocked Clogged Ink Cartridges
YouTube

I use this do-it-yourself cleaning solution to soak printheads in, and it works really well:
YouTube

john kelsey

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2015
Reaction score
I have the XP-420 ink-jet printer, which was giving poor quality black prints. I ran the head cleaning and Nozzle Check routines several times. It then reported low ink in successive cartridges, until all four were replaced, black being the final one to "run out" of ink.

It still didn't print well. Then, after running those routines 2 or 3 more times, it once again reported low ink in the same cartridge that it had first reported as low, which had just been replaced.

Best Buy, where I bought it many years ago, no longer services ink-jet printers, at least not these days. I left a message at a nearby office products store that Epson's site identified as an authorized service provider. Being the weekend, I assume they were closed. I should be able to get an opinion from them on Monday.
Sharpdetailsilverspring
Does anyone have a relatable experience? Is the printer "dead" or fixable?
I am also having an issue with the Epson printer. so I suggest you get a new one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am also having an issue with the Epson printer. so I suggest you get a new one

I don't know if they will notice your post as the subject thread is now well over two years old.

But your suggestion is correct, as most household and small business inkjet printers are usually not worth repairing and the repairs are are going to cost more than a replacement printer if that is more than a simple problem.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.