Entourage vs MacMail (new mac user)

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to mac, love it, but have some problems that I didn't forsee:

1. Entourage is great for lots of reasons. I used Outlook when I used PC because it is a powerhouse for functions and allows for a lot of great business applications. BUT Entourage sucks for lots of reasons. The biggest is: you can't hyperlink in the signature. Uhhhhh. Dumb. really dumb. In a world of business where social media is KILLER IMPORTANT, why would that not be a function? I know I can cut and paste whatever I like, but with 90+ emails per day sometimes, I'm not going to waste my time. So I use mac mail.

2. Mac mail is great too. Love it. Lots of folders etc. BUT: notes function sucks. If I sync notes with my BB, it goes into my inbox. If I move them from inbox to a folder called 'notes' it doesn't delete them from the inbox. If I then delete them from inbox, it deletes from the folder called notes. Solutions? ALSO, the formatting capabilities in macmail are limited. I can't see how to insert tables except to copy and paste from another application... it's too bad it doesn't have the full functionality of word. Lists in mac mail are weird too... as are attaching photos... really lame.

I am open to suggestions, would love advice from people in my shoes!

Oh ya, last one... what's the easiest way to edit photos with a mac without buying software. I kind of miss the ease of paint for resizing high def photos for suppliers I need to email pics to... suggestions?

Reaction score
Problem # 2 can be fixed by a setting in mail preferences, Accounts, Mailbox Behaviors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Where do I Start! How about Latest Purchase iPad 32gig WiFi, 27" iMac, 17" MacBook Pro,No more Room?
Photos and Mail Help

Hi There, As far as your Last Request. The best built in "Quick" Photo tool is Preview! Most think it is simply a PDF Reader however it is much more powerful than that!! Give it a closer look you will be surprised at all that it can do.

I use several other photo editing apps. Which are under $20. Look for Mac Bundles you can pick up great software CHEAP. There is a great one going on NOW at MUPromo.

I will get back to ya on the Mail issues. I tend to agree MacMail and ical is weak. I use BusyCal and have do a few ad ons for mail. Just need to go back and find the links.

Dennis

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.