entourage or ical?

Reaction score
whats everyones view on these two programs. I am a long time office user and have just switched to mac. I have entourage and am currently using it, but with the release of the iphone coming, i feel i should get familiar with the apple programs. I have 2 gmail accounts, use the calender for the usual none work related stuff, and of course contacts. Entourage does a good job having all this stuff in one program, but i don't feel i've given ical, address book, or mail a fair chance. Are these worth switching over to if i already have entourage? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Hey wrinkledpants.

After using both, I prefer iCal hands down due mostly to it's integration and appearance with the OS. iCal does a great job, manages multiple calendars, ect. It also communicates very well with your Address Book (OS X's, not Entourage's) and Apple Mail to quickly manage event invites among other things.

I never did like Entourage because it wouldn't dynamically sync with my real Address Book. Also, OS X sports some pretty good software, why buy more (Especially from Micro$oft)?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.