emails

Reaction score
I have lots of emails filed in folders on my MacBook pro. How can I copy/send these en masse to my iMac ?

Reaction score
Press command on each email, just as you would within the file system directory, so you can select all the messages you wish to send, then right click and press "send".

Reaction score
No problem. Unless you mean all emails in a particular folder. Not sure of a way for that though, sorry.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You don't have to press command on each email. The following should work:

1. Go through the emails /folders and delete any unwanted emails (if necessary)
2. Click on the first email.
3. Scroll down to the last email in the folder or last in a set you want to export and Shift+click on that email. You will know it is done correctly if the selected emails turn blue.

Note that if you email a large number of emails your email account may balk at sending them. Some providers seem to have limits on the number of emails that can be sent at one time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Isn't there a way to find where e-mails are saved, copy that to a flash drive, then copy to the other Mac?
That would, of course, wipe out the e-mails on the second Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
You can, in fact, copy the entire email file over at once, but as toMACsh says, it wipes out your current email with what is in the old system. I believe this article is still correct:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4584612?start=0&tstart=0

Although I also have a "V5" folder there that seems to be the current location in my High Sierra system. If the new machine is really new, I'd suggest just copying the entire "Mail" folder from one to the other.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.