email problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
I switched from Windows to Mac about 6 years ago and brought my RR (road runner) mail account with me. Just lately my email will not load or takes it time in doing so. Sometime after it loads and I click on a particular email it will load ok but when I go to another email it will not load at all. I am using Apple Mail 1995-2002 Version 16.0 and I am using Spectrum.net (who have been useless) with a mail.twc.com. My Mac is a imac late 2015 with a 3.1GHZ Quad Core Intel Core 5 with 8GB memory Processor., I am using 562.1 GB of memory out of 1TB available. I am trying to figure out if its my MAC or is it my Spectrum account. If I have to change mail accounts is it possible to retain my RR address?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Just lately my email will not load or takes it time in doing so. Sometime after it loads and I click on a particular email it will load ok but when I go to another email it will not load at all. I am using Apple Mail 1995-2002 Version 16.0 and I am using Spectrum.net (who have been useless) with a mail.twc.com.

Have you tried using and viewing your email using webmail for your account while using a browser and see if it works better???

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Just lately my email will not load or takes it time in doing so.

Typically this sort of problem is easily resolved by deleting your e-mail account in Mail, and then adding it back again.

The problem is that your e-mail hosting service changes things technically on their end, but doesn't tell users that the settings that they have been using are no longer ideal. Deleting your old account and then adding it back usually automatically sets things up optimally.

Alternately, you can contact your e-mail hosting service and ask them for the very latest setting and how to add them manually.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" IMAC with an M1 chip &16 GB Memory
Typically this sort of problem is easily resolved by deleting your e-mail account in Mail, and then adding it back again.

The problem is that your e-mail hosting service changes things technically on their end, but doesn't tell users that the settings that they have been using are no longer ideal. Deleting your old account and then adding it back usually automatically sets things up optimally.

Alternately, you can contact your e-mail hosting service and ask them for the very latest setting and how to add them manually.
Thank You. I will try that. I do not think it has been updated in years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.