Email Problems Entourage and Apple Mail

Reaction score
I recently switch to Entourage from Apple's default client Mail. I changed the default email in the Mail app to Entourage, however, When I use Preview and I select from the file menu Mail Selected Image, the program defaults back to Apple Mail instead of Entourage. Very frustrating. Other functions work and default to Entourage.

Please some one help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2009 MBP - 2.66ghz, 350gb hdd, 4gb RAM
I recently switch to Entourage from Apple's default client Mail. I changed the default email in the Mail app to Entourage, however, When I use Preview and I select from the file menu Mail Selected Image, the program defaults back to Apple Mail instead of Entourage. Very frustrating. Other functions work and default to Entourage.

Please some one help.

I'm having a similar problem - but using Finder.

I've set Entourage to be my default email (can't quite remember how ;P) ... but when I try to send an email through Finder (through Finder>Services>New Email with attachment) it tries to open Mail.

I've never set Mail up - as I went straight onto Entourage.

Can anyone please explain how I change the default setting in Finder?

Thanks a lot in advance
;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
A long shot, but look in Mail Prefs > General to see if it is still set as the default Mail reader.
Note: I don't use Mail, and it is therefore an older version. You may find some extra prefs, like Mail Handler, in later versions of Mail.

C

chas_m

Yes, odd as it may sound, you must go into Mail in order to set the default mail program to be anything other than Mail. Normally, however, once set its set.

There is a third party preference panel called RCDefault App that will allow you to set and change the default client for various internet services from there rather than opening Safari or Mail etc. Very handy, still works in Snow Leopard. It's free!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just set Mail up - and Entourage was already set as the default email app.
For some reason, Finder doesn't take this into account!
Anyone know how to get Finder to default to Entourage? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I think you need to repair Permissions, preferably using OnyX (appropriate to your current OS version) Titanium Software, and then try resetting the default mail handler.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there not a way to simply do this without using any other software?
What is there to repair?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The Mail services that Apple provides only work with Mail. Microsoft does not provide any services that work with Entourage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So does that mean I can't create email attachments through Finder>Services?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.